PDA

View Full Version : Clamping dummy shock

lpd1
02-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Has any one clamp dummy shock. How does it work ?

lovinlatemodels
02-16-2012, 04:39 AM
Are you talking a shock with no valving at all with the spring on in front of the rear. If you mean on the back of the rear clamped i don't think it will work.

lpd1
02-16-2012, 09:31 AM
im talking about the left rear front shock, call it a dummy shock, traction shock or what ever, no spring on it, to rebound, just heard that you can clamp it to the axel instead of the birdcage

fox1162002
02-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I've used a shock in lr front several different ways and when clamped seemed like it slowed the rear drive down alot. Im sure it has its purpose somewhere. I've took and clamped a standard shock in front then used a dummy(0/0) behind with a spring and had alot of success especially in tacky or rubbered up.

jedclampit
02-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Clamping a high pressure gas shock in front can speed or help hike up,axle rotation up in front on the gas gives your hike a kick in the butt

now what if you put a spring on there too......and one behind

How bout it?

Egoracing
02-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Clamping a high pressure gas shock in front can speed or help hike up,axle rotation up in front on the gas gives your hike a kick in the butt

now what if you put a spring on there too......and one behind

How bout it?

Then clamp one on the RR and............OPPS said to much...

andy16
02-19-2012, 11:37 PM
@ ego what if you ran a normal lr setup spring behind w a 4 valve ,shock in front mounted on birdcage/floated say a 6-0 then ... ran a seperate clamped shock and spring say 4-0 but...set ride heights w spring behind w clamped front spring backed off till adjuster nut just barely touches spring at ride height or even 1/4 inch unloaded at ride height. that way clamped spring would seat and become loaded during axle wrap up right before car can get on bars and unseat the spring. only thing is what rate spring to use and how will it affect the car when both springs carry the car. just wondering?