PDA

View Full Version : Light weight hardware??

Hook N Go
02-24-2012, 04:45 PM
I have seen bolts on some cars that have the holes through the center of them and or are "gun drilled". I can't seem to find for sale anywhere. Does anyone have any info on where there are some with a good selection? Thanks in advance!

andy16
02-24-2012, 04:50 PM
specialty fasteners has some and racebolt. mostly for sprints tho. easiest to do is take your own bolts to local machine shop have them drill them in a lathe. about half the price of buying them that way.

zeroracing
02-24-2012, 06:18 PM
If strength is not an issue, like body bolts, may check a bolt supply for aluminum ones.

JHobbs26
02-25-2012, 09:24 AM
racebolts are threaded tube with the hex head welded on. They are not drilled out bolts. Drilled out bolts are very weak. The problem with the racebolts are they rust from the inside then break, best thing to do if your using racebolts is to fill them with silicon to prevent the rust from forming.

keeks
02-25-2012, 03:43 PM
You can spray the inside of the bolts with Fluid Film. I spray it on all my fasteners. Rust will not form after you apply it. The metal absorbs it. This stuff is amazing. Every racer should be using this.

http://fluid-film.com

k

fox1162002
02-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I got a bolt kit from my chassis builder(Tnt) and they are titanium and are drilled.

jason29a
03-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Lite weight bolt are cool looking but honestly wont give you a performance advantage. they can offer some benifit if used in rotating areas, such as beadlocks. But unless you have compared the different brand of wheels for weight difference then it doesnt really matter. If you save a few ounces on a wheel with 50 dollars worth of Ti bolts but your using a wheel thats 2 pounds heavier than another brand then you havent done yourself any good. Overall in other places its just not going to be enough weight savings to make any difference at all.... Your talking 3 to 5 pounds. For those looking to cut weight look for it in big chunks first..... The rearend, seat, etc... Alot of full containment seats are really heavy. Compare brands of seats for weight without sacrafising the safety.

PS.... BR Motorsports is a good source for hollow or Ti bolts.

kurgufilo7
04-18-2012, 05:23 AM
dolu bir forum sitesi aradığım herşeyi buldum tsklr.