PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee Updates

racingdirt00
03-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Anyone got any updates from Cherokee

105mph
03-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Steve Francis fast time...only 15 cars took time...yes I said 15...18 cars in the pits..heats about to go now...I really can't believe they are stretching this into 3 five car heat races...
Donald bradshere over Steve Francis in heat 1
Jared Landers over Chris madden in heat 2
Casey Roberts over Dennis Franklin in the 3rd heat...
That's all..there will be no b-mains at this point unless several more cars show up some how...

gorj
03-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Wow - 15 cars Take the extra 5k they are paying this year and pay sanctioning fee to WoO or Lucas and no doubt have a great field of cars.

racingdirt00
03-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Dont know if its true but seen on facebook where bloomquist will be showing up at cherokee sunday I guess start last lol.

Dirtman
03-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Racing was good, 2 grooves, sometimes 3 if you were there (third heat between Roberts, Rambo & Dixon).

Heat races were good, Bradsher biggest heat win ever holding off Steve Francis and Davenport (who got into the wall in qualifying), Jared Landers (who also hit wall in qualifying) used the high side with 2 to go to pass Cherokee dominate Chris Madden for the win followed by a smooth Ty Dillon in heat #2. Casey Roberts passed Rambo at 1/2 way for the win in heat 3 with Brent Dixon (3rd car to hit wall in qualifying) in a close third.

Any car in the top 10 CAN WIN this race......and YES BLACK SUNSHINE is predicted for tomorrows forecast -details and write up to follow!!

Dirtman
03-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Just posted staring line-up at:

www.facebook.com/cherokeespeedway

dogface
03-03-2012, 09:53 PM
What happened to overton

Dirtman
03-03-2012, 09:58 PM
looked maybe to miss set-up - car was 3 wheelin'.

Dirtman
03-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Final Landers (2nd biggest career win), Francis, Roberts, Madden, McDowell, Rambo, Pursley

Dirtman
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Fergy, Dillon, Bailes, Bloomquist, Tanner, Gault, Henderson, Overton I think. Pretty uneventful, big dominating win for Landers.

wuzupracin
03-04-2012, 05:56 PM
where did davenport and bradsher finish ????

Dirtman
03-04-2012, 06:25 PM
where did davenport and bradsher finish ????

both tied up in restart wreck around halfway... not sure what happened.

Check out www.facebook.com/cherokeespeedway for some pix and info.

edavis71
03-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Anyone have a full rundown?

105mph
03-04-2012, 07:51 PM
That pretty much was the full run down...Bloomquist started a 2nd madden car & never was a contender...got lapped in the pits...as for davenport & bradshere...bradshere was running 3rd and davenport dive bombed the restart & run into bradshere's door in turn 1 & tore up bradshere..himself & several other cars...bradshere had to much damage to continue & davenport eliminated himself also to a rain of boo's and cat calls as he walked back to the pits...seems he's "involved" in a racing accident every race lately...tore his car up twice this weekend...
On one other note...track was 1 grove right in the middle on both ends...their were a lot "its going to be a great show" thrown around...it wasn't...
I'm not bashing the track...they opened the gate & hardly anyone came driver wise even after offering 15k to win...what can you do?? But a lot of people in the stands around me let it be known that the were not at all happy about a list of about 25 drivers that were coming & another probable list with about 20 more on it...really a bad weekend...maybe next year...

1dirtlady
03-04-2012, 09:27 PM
i am sure there will be less cars next year because the purse was CUT really bad. What can you do about it. NOTHING.

Dirtman
03-05-2012, 07:53 AM
i am sure there will be less cars next year because the purse was CUT really bad. What can you do about it. NOTHING.

Nice first post - I hope they BAN YOU from 4m.net. for posting such nonsense.

The purse was paid IN FULL in ALL CLASSES yesterday.....just ask Jared Landers (Clint Bowyer owned ride), Steve Francis, Casey Roberts or anyone else in the field. The LAST PLACE car was paid in full......I wish there was just a simple test to past, so stupid people were not allowed to use the internet.

jog49
03-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Clint Bowyer?

Dirtman
03-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Clint Bowyer?

ha, he wasn't racing but - he owns the 1st place car of Jared Landers #5 and the 16th place of Jonathan Davenport #15.

jog49
03-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Just messing with you Jason! LOL! Landers did much better than Clint yesterday!

Dirtman
03-05-2012, 09:14 AM
bradshere was running 3rd and davenport dive bombed the restart & run into bradshere's door in turn 1 & tore up bradshere..himself & several other cars...bradshere had to much damage to continue & davenport eliminated himself also to a rain of boo's and cat calls as he walked back to the pits.....
I never heard any boos or cat calls - and the least you could do is spell the mans name right : Bradsher.

But a lot of people in the stands around me let it be known that the were not at all happy about a list of about 25 drivers that were coming & another probable list with about 20 more on it

I was the only one to post a drivers list, I imagine you are referring to this one (I posted it several places): Cherokee Speedway $15,000 March Madness X DRIVERS LIST March 3rd & 4th (www.4m.net/showthread.php?243724-Cherokee-Speedway-15-000-March-Madness-X-DRIVERS-LIST-March-3rd-amp-4th)

I have 16 scheduled drivers, of which 2 lost their rides the weekend of and both had the race scheduled on their websites. Of those remaining 14, only Ricky Weeks ad Jeff Smith were no shows - and was told they were saving their cars for the Clash opening weekend. Those 2 teams do not have the funding they once had.

The other list was titled 'Possibles' not Probables. Of that list 4 of them made the show:
Brett Dixon, Mike Gault, John Henderson and Scott Bloomquist (who I deleted b/c people were having a fit he was on there).

Here is my list (check the last time it was edited Last edited by Dirtman; 03-01-2012 at 07:12 AM. , and I even numbered them for you and anyone who wants to call me a liar.

Scheduled Drivers:
1) Ross Bailes www.rossbailesracing.com
2) Booper Bare www.booperbare.com/schedule.php (parted ways with his team this weekend, was listed on his schedule)
3) Donald Bradsher http://donaldbradsher.webs.com/2012tour.htm
4) Chip Brindle www.brysonmotorsport.com (parted ways with his team this weekend, was listed on his schedule)
5) Jonathan Davenport www.jonathandavenport.net/schedule.html
6) Ty Dillon
7) Chris Ferguson http://chrisfergusonmotorsports.com
8) Steve Francis http://stevefrancisracing.com/schedule
9) Rambo Dennis Franklin
10) Jared Landers www.jaredlanders.com/events.html
11) Chris Madden www.chrismadden44.com/tour.html
12) Dale McDowell www.dalemcdowell.com/tour3.html
13) Johnny Pursley www.johnnypursleyracing.com
14) Casey Roberts
15) Jeff Smith
16) Ricky Weeks

You sir need to get your facts straight -

F22 RAPTOR
03-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I was there and it was cold and very windy, which is not good for the fans or the racing surface. These are difficult times, a lot of things up in the air, but they did have a good fan turn out it looked like to me. Now why more race teams didn't show up, I don't know, but maybe with funding for a full on traveling Super hard to come by, maybe some smaller teams will consider risking a lower funded effort, like RJ with his CT525. As to the Davenport/Bradsher incident I never heard any cat calls nor did I witness Davenport drilling Bradsher in the door, sounds more like somebody hating on JD just because. I love Cherokee, have ever since my first visit in 1990 and I will be back. Like a lot of others I miss the big track, but I must admit the racing is usually better with the shorter configuration. Thank you Cherokee for making the effort.

Chip Fortson
Elberton, Georgia

105mph
03-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Dirtman...I appreciate your effort to get info out...I really do...
But agian...this event was slightly over hyped...it had its struggles all weekend...(car count-track conditions)...there were positives...track worked through weather issues to get it in & Mr buff only charged $30 for a 2-day ticket like a normal 2-day show even though the purse was raised to 15k to win this year...its just frustrating in these economic times to support an event I knew of the & hear or read comments that dispute everything that is posted...believe me the davenport-bradsher situation was accurate...many fans didn't like davenports driving tactics...no need to sling mud in a bunch of post this early in the season...that was my 13th race of the season already & believe me it wasn't perfect in Georgia-Florida either...lol...
I knew of the chip brendle situation...what other driver lost their ride?

Dirtman
03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Dirtman...I appreciate your effort to get info out...I really do...
But agian...this event was slightly over hyped...it had its struggles all weekend...(car count-track conditions)...there were positives...track worked through weather issues to get it in & Mr buff only charged $30 for a 2-day ticket like a normal 2-day show even though the purse was raised to 15k to win this year...its just frustrating in these economic times to support an event I knew of the & hear or read comments that dispute everything that is posted...believe me the davenport-bradsher situation was accurate...many fans didn't like davenports driving tactics...no need to sling mud in a bunch of post this early in the season...that was my 13th race of the season already & believe me it wasn't perfect in Georgia-Florida either...lol...
I knew of the chip brendle situation...what other driver lost their ride?
Booper Bare was the other driver. Thank you, and I am not looking to slinging any mud sir, just stating facts as I know them to be true.

Heat races were good Saturday, Main event was not - I'll admit to that. Every effort was made on the tracks part, and I tried my best to keep everyone informed and up to date. I hate it as much as everyone else it didn't live up to expectations, but if a $15,000 to win show early in the year doesn't get fans hyped up, nothing will. You mention tough economic times and I agree, but think about the drivers, owners and promoters before you go bad mouthing them all on an online forum. Some people might actually believe some of the things you write -

I'm done - enjoy your racing season.

105mph
03-05-2012, 11:37 AM
You too...along way to December...lol...
I still stick to the accuracy of some of the statements I've made...
Looking forward to night racing starting...I'm sure the rock gualt memorial on April 21st at cherokee under the lights will be much better...I say ban all daytime dirt racing...lol...

dirtfan22
03-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Was Bloomquist getting any show-up money? Just wandering?

Dirtman
03-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Was Bloomquist getting any show-up money? Just wandering?

To my knowledge NO. He was planning on bringing his car, but a broken axle derailed those plans. He finished 11th in Madden's backup and I am sure he took plenty of notes for the June 22nd's Lucas Oil Show at Gaffney. It was cool to see him there - no hot laps, just jumped in the car and raced.

HighMaintenance2007
03-05-2012, 03:04 PM
NO, & he drove there from Orlando...to race..

speedracer 007
03-05-2012, 03:18 PM
davenport just killed the 93 saw the video on dirt on dirt what was was he tinking or not thinking

105mph
03-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm done posting here about this event...me & dirt man called a truce...lol...but that's exactly what I reported...not saying dirtman said anything about it but F-22 said he didn't see it so now he knows...if you read the interview by davenport he takes full responsibility for wrecking or involving 7 cars...don't think davenport done it intentional & the track didn't help but I post the truth & don't hate on anyone...as for the boo's & cat calls...you must have been out of ear shod...or couldnt here it over the ever blasting PA system...looking forward to reading you guys posts in the future...just don't let your liking of a driver bend the facts...

johnE
03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
So next year................ maybe find a sanctioning body that can put up with Lennie & vice versa, drop the payoff back down(so as to afford sanctioning), & maybe we will see the usual 30+ SLM.

Who came to race March Madness because it paid $15,000 instead of $10,000?