PDA

View Full Version : Lower Control Arm Identification

Rook04
03-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Bought a car last year, and am having trouble making contact with previous owner. Car is a metric clip, but I am having doubts that the lowers are metric based on what the spring is that came out of it. I have read everywhere on what should be up front for springs if Metric, and the ones I took out are Eibach LF 700 RF 750 9.5" x 5". New to this so don't know how to identify these parts yet, are there any other measurements on the control arm that I can Identify with? Any help is much appreciated

blknblumod
03-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Is this a full size metric chassis or a metric intermediate clip? If its a full size they could be ford ltd arms. If it's a metric intermediate (commonly called small metric) they probably have a long flowing curvature when viewed from the front which would mean they are 68-74 nova lovers

JR. MECHANIC
03-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Take 1/2" dowel rod and run through the inner pivot points. Then measure the distance from the center of the ball joint holder to the dowel rod. Note that the tape measure should run perpendicular to the dowel rod.... This will give you the effective control arm length and then post that measurement.

Rook04
03-09-2012, 10:10 AM
That measurement is 15.5"

dirttrackrocker
03-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a stock metric control arm

racin6mod
03-09-2012, 05:25 PM
here's some photos that mite help you. the first one is a 68 nova some times used on a metric front clip but the left side is put on the right front and ther should be spacers on end side at the frame mounting points. the middle one is crown vic usually only used on the right side with a camaro lower arm on the left side. the last photo is of chevelle lowers 68 to 72. all the photos came from ebay items.