PDA

View Full Version : front shock question??

roundboy
03-09-2012, 11:58 AM
i run bilstine shocks all the way around on a 4-bar allen autosports chassis, is it worth the money and also, would it help in the slick to run a 3/5 on the left front and a 5/3 on the right front to help keep the car rolled over on the right front. Or would it be better to run a strait valve shock on one side and a split valve on the other side, if so, which one on which side? And also, i have a 5/3 setup on a coilover i could run on the right rear, or would that be to much? the track is a 3/8 clay, the banking gets steeper as you go up the track, so i was thinking, when it slicks off, this could be a good setup to run right around the bottom. the car is on hoosier G-60's, sorry for the long post, but thanks in advance for any info on this.. and by the way, bilstein's have the rebound # first and the com # second...

washeduptoo
03-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Are you talking off the shelf shocks? Sometimes they're off alittle, what does Scotty say? I'd say those would work if thats what they are but every car/driver are different. You can get Scotty dry slick pkg for about 150 a piece, not much more than off the shelf. We have run them and liked them. Good luck and if I can help, let me know, ran an Allen for 6yrs.

CHRISTINE
03-09-2012, 12:20 PM
My car feels loose center out with a 3-5 afco or integra or even a genisis shock pks on there. Is it just me?

roundboy
03-09-2012, 12:40 PM
i talked with scotty when we set the car up at the end of last year, he we more than helpfull with everything i needed. But no, i havent talked with him about this yet, i will make that phone call today... this car i have is chassis #33 so its an older one, but has been taken care of very well!! and yes, i was talking about off the shelf, 46mm bilstein shocks...

washeduptoo
03-09-2012, 02:31 PM
We had chassis #15(bought used) amd #118(bought new) and still have it. Best of luck and be glad to help if I can, but Scotty will help you and get you going.