PDA

View Full Version : Roll centers and spindles

dirtdiggerracing
03-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Anybody that wants to talk about roll centers,arm angles & lengths,pin inclinations,steering ackerman,pin hieght,ect pm me or reply here !!!!! I have my spindle jig about done and fixing to start testing !!!

dirtdiggerracing
03-11-2012, 11:02 PM
so nobody wants to talk or nobody knows nothing ??? i dont know nothing but i like to talk bout it anyway !!!! lol

Dirtrunner35
03-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Do you set your front end by the roll center or camber gain/ tire temps ?

dirtdiggerracing
03-13-2012, 10:03 PM
i don't really worry bout tire temps we have to run punch 60 tires anyway. i don't like a lot of camber gain if you get gain after the tire sets it will bust it back lose !!!

Dirtrunner35
03-14-2012, 06:56 AM
So how do you know when it sets ? Ever seen any Data from a date Acquisition?

dirtdiggerracing
03-14-2012, 09:35 PM
i can feel it when it turns lose !!! no i have never had any data !!! i like less gain the more roll !!!!

Graff Spee
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Less gain and more roll? All you need is enough gain to keep the tire as flat to the track as possible through your travel. Why would you want to sacrifice traction untill you were at full roll? I would rather have full tire contact at all times. Why the traction sacrifice? I think you would be amazed at what you can gain time wise with tire temps! The whole car is really set up with the tire temps! I am talking the feature of course. Early on in the night you just kill as much traction as is necessary to get the car to handle. Roll centers or moment centers are purely subject to the track you race at. All store bought chassis have a universal roll center that will will work OK at a variety of tracks, remember its all about chassis and or component sales any how. If you race at a local track exclusively ,dial that car in to dominate! Good luck! :-)