PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Clash Skyler Trull Memorial Report

Clash PR
03-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Luke Roffers Rockets to Skyler Trull Memorial Victory at Carolina Speedway

By Mark Huey, Carolina Clash PR
- Fayetteville, NC

It was and the 12th Annual Skyler Trull Memorial will go down as a great success, as usual.
The checkered flag of the 2012 event was awarded to Luke Roffers of Concord, North Carolina. The win was his first at the track with Carolina Clash and his sixth feature win, moving him to a seventh-place tie on the all time win list. The win did not come without hard work though, as he thanked his crew for their involvement to get the car prepared. The soft-spoken Green Bay, Wisconsin native and employee of Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing was quick to praise all of the hard work of his team from victory lane.

“My team put together an awesome racecar,” Roffers said. “I felt like we just had to begin the season this way, with a win. I mean we did everything we could to win it all last year, but it just did not work out that way. We won four races, but should have won more.” Roffers indicated from victory lane that it would have been nice to race Dennis Franklin for the victory, given that both drivers had equally fast cars. Roffers won more races than any Clash competitor last season and led the point standings over much of the regular season. He began the Roush Yates Performance Products Chase for the Championship with a victory, but wound up third in the final point standings.

The #21 car, a Rocket chassis prepared by Wolfpack Rocket of Troutman, NC, was decaled in familiar red and white and is sponsored by Cal-Les II Transport, Wayne and Chad Roffers Trucking, Wisconsin Lock & Load, and Roffers Wildlife Studio of Wisconsin.

The next race for the Carolina Clash will be at Fayetteville Motor Speedway on March 24, for the $4,000 to win Ed Gibbons Memorial Race.

In other news, the Carolina Clash point standings format underwent a minor overhaul during the off season. Different point values will be used to determine the point standings. The point breakdown can be viewed at www.carolinaclash.com, under the “Rules” section.

Also, new in 2012, will be the use of electronic scoring and timing. All teams are required to use transponders on their cars during every Carolina Clash event. Live timing and scoring can be downloaded on your I-Phone or other Wi-Fi capable devices using Race Monitor. By paying a one-time fee of $4.99, fans can watch live up-to-the-minute scoring of any Carolina Clash event in 2012.Visit the Race Monitor website at www.race-monitor.com

Official Results
Finish – Driver Name –Hometown – Starting Position – Laps Completed – Status at End of Race
1 - Luke Roffers Concord, NC (3) 40 Running
2 - Chris Ferguson Mt. Holly, NC (1) 40 Running
3- Kennie Compton Bland, VA (7) 40 Running
4- Johnny Pursley Clover, SC (5) 40 Running
5 - Jeff Smith Dallas, NC (9) 40 Running
6 - Mike Gault Gaffney, SC (12) 40 Running
7 - Dustin Mitchell Princeton, NC (6) 40 Running
8 - Ricky Weeks Rutherfordton, NC (13) 40 Running
9 - Scott Autry, Autryville, NC (14) 40 Running
10 - Donald Bradsher Burlington, NC (8) 40 Running
11 - Austin Kirkpatrick Ocala, FL (23) 39 Running
12 - Brian Ledbetter Dallas, NC (20) 39 Running
13 - Travis Yow Fayetteville, NC (11) 39 Running
14 - Scott Shirey Swansea, SC (24) 39 Running
15 - Dale Hammond Nichols, SC (22) 22 Mechanical Problems
16 - Perry Brown unknown (18) 19 Mechanical Problems
17 - Jay Sessoms Stanley, NC (4) 13 Accident
18 - Benji Cole Canon, GA (21) 13 Accident
19 - Michael Marlowe Nichols, SC (23) 13 Accident
20 - G.R. Smith Reidsville, NC (10) 13 Accident
21 - Dennis Franklin Gaffney, SC (2) 6 Mechanical Problems
22 - Doug Sanders Springwood, NC (15) 5 Mechanical Problems
23 - Tim Allen Kannapolis, NC (17) 3 Mechanical Problems
24 - John Pursley Clover, SC (16) 3 Mechanical Problems

Heat Race #1: Travis Yow, Ricky Weeks, Tim Allen, Benji Cole, Doug Sanders, Michael Marlowe, Thomas Hedgpath

Heat Race #2: Mike Gault, Scott Autry, Perry Brown, John Pursley, Brian Ledbetter, Dale Hammond, Scott Shirey, David Yandle

Lee Furniture “Hard Travel Award”: ($50 for drivers not making the feature event): Thomas Hedgpath & David Yandle

Race Statistics:
Cars Entered: 26
Fastest Qualifier: Chris Ferguson – 15.931 seconds
Time of Race: 52 minutes
Cautions: 8
Cars Running at End of Race: 14
Cars Finishing on Lead Lap: 10
Race Leaders and Laps Led: Ferguson (1-2), Franklin (3-6), Roffers (7-40)
Margin of Victory: 0.595 seconds
Fastest Lap of Race: Lap 13 (Luke Roffers) – 16.158
Safety-Kleen “Hard Charger of the Race” – #11, Austin Kirkpatrick

The Carolina Clash would like to thank the following sponsors for their contributions to the series in 2012: (click on any sponsor name to open their business website) American Racer Tire, JE Pistons/Roush Yates Performance Parts, VP Racing Fuels, Comp Cams, Shafer Enterprises' Cool Shirts, NASCAR Technical Institute, Safety Kleen, R2C Performance, Velocity Racewear, Collins Signs & Trophies, www.lockoutforums.com, Racing Electronics, Mike's Custom Tanks, Lincoln Electric, Ohlins Advanced Suspension Technology, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, RF Composites, Keizer Wheelhouse South, Sisco Fire & Safety, Heintz Brothers Performance, XS Power Racing Batteries, Performance Tee's, ATL Racing Fuel Cells, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Wylie X Sunglasses, Lee Furniture of Fayetteville, NC and Shell Racing Solutions.

sidewinder
03-13-2012, 08:20 AM
I think all had a super time,if you were not there you missed a good one..
About 500 ballons released,Beads given out plus Toys,to Kids, Thanks to all the fans,who helped make this a success and helped make a donation to the Make_A_Wish,Drivers going the stands,Fans digging into their pockets.I am not sure but I
think over $900.00 was raised....Thanks to all,I know that PAT and SKYLER had the best
seat in the house>>>>and both would have been proud..