PDA

View Full Version : Throw out bearing

swrracing99
03-17-2012, 08:35 AM
How long should you have to bleed a hydraulic throwout bearing before it should work. Same master cyl as last year worked fine, put all new lines from master cyl to throwout brg and new bleeder line. I have blead it for about 2 hours now but not any better than it was when I started, nothing.

eskew11
03-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Get yourself an air bleeder they work wonders. Be done in seconds

racer67x
03-18-2012, 12:54 AM
we usually try to just change it to a new one every year..tried the o/ring kits with some luck but once you pop it past the ridge in there its usually junk.
when bleeding try to get the bleeder line and the main line as low as possible.
if its humped up anywhere it can get an air bubble.
good luck dude..

merc123
03-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I've got a howe TOB that has a bleeder line outside of the bell housing to make it easier. I open the bleeder a little bit and pump the pedal until fluid comes out. That is enough to fill up the bearing. Then bleed it like a brake but it shoudn't have any air in it.

I've replaced the o-ring in it 3 times (over traveled) and never had any problems with it once I got it setup right and put a clutch stop in.

Is it just not releasing the clutch or you just getting air in it? If it's not releasing it could be possible that you don't have it shimmed right.

swrracing99
03-18-2012, 09:52 PM
finally got it. just let it gravity bleed all night. worked like a champ. thanks for the help.