PDA

View Full Version : Md3 nose height

racer21
03-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey guys,i was wondering what kind of nose to ground clearance everyone puts on there cars,the car i got already had a nose on it and at ride height
the rf is about 10 inches off the ground and the lf is around 8,it just looks high to me,but i am new to the lm's thanks for your input

rubbinsracin
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM
When we mount ours we like about what you have. Makes it easier for us to load on our open trailer and if we ever hit a hole or rut or something at full body roll we don't fold the miss over or anything like that.

AmickRacing
03-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Doesn't sound too off to me. They will look high, until the car gets hiked over and rolled over, then that nose will about right.

I've got mine mounted about 11.5-12" on the RF, couple inches lower on the LF with a home made valance that gets the LF closer to the ground and tapers to the RF (tapers to nothing)

racer21
03-19-2012, 05:47 AM
thanks guys for the replys,i'll just leave it like it is and work on other things :) thanks again

racer241
03-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Leave the nose but you probably want the valence on it. On ours the rf is high 11-12 about 6 on the left with three inches of valence that gets it pretty low. With the homemade valence it can clearance its self pretty well. Unless youre just racing at a very small low speed track, i believe aero is worth the hassle usually. One night last year my valence got a bit of damage in heat so it was removed in between heat and main from lack of time to fix, and in main car lifted nose more than usual and was much tighter just without the valence. Touchy beasts they are!

EAMShater
03-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Mine is around ten on rf and 2 on lf with valance. It actually drags a little or did til it wore it off to where it wanted. It looks like a nascar car in the corners and down the straight. But you will wanna be sure you have a good cooling system cause I have no openings for air office it runs 200 in 75you degree nights