PDA

View Full Version : Spring in front/Shock behind on Right Rear

Darkstar15
03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Just did this change to our car. Went to practice, was tacky. Car ran ok, but wanted to lift left front when driver got back in gas. Not too high, maybe 6 to 8 inchs. Did not carry it very far either. Car did not do this last year with spring and shock togrther. Not sure we were ever on a track this tacky last year though. Question is, is this normal ? The other mods were not doing this. Not sure we like this. It sure seems he was over on the RR alots.

John

johnny v
03-19-2012, 07:08 PM
what's the angle on the RRU bar?

Raise it up 1 hole... that should lay the LF back down...

Dirtrunner35
03-19-2012, 09:17 PM
A stop watch will tell you if it was hurting you.

k.shaw
03-20-2012, 08:44 PM
I like having the shock on back, If their was a lot of traction in the track either raise the
RR Upper link on the chassis or stiffen the RR spring.
Kevin Shaw

CHRISTINE
03-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Kevin what does this do to the car? what adjustments should be made when the track drys?

k.shaw
03-21-2012, 03:27 PM
When the shock is behind it will slow the shaft speed down and not ramp up the rate of the
shock compression as much as if it were in the front. Both ways work well, I just prefer the shock behind.
As far as making changes as with the start of the post ,I think the car would have been fine in the slick you just have to tune this setup more so in the traction.
Kevin Shaw

racin6mod
03-21-2012, 09:17 PM
I deleted my earlier post I mes read the question.I was thinking of a builder that puts the spring behind on the rr using a coilover set up.

I like the spring in front on the bird cage with a standard valve shock behind on the rr just seems to have a better fill.

CHRISTINE
03-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Thats my next question should you use the same 3-5 shock or a 93 or a 3-7 ???? on this set up