PDA

View Full Version : Rear % and Fuel ?

latemodel86
03-25-2012, 09:34 AM
As I'm still new to setups on DLM, I've got a question about rear percentage. Why does less rear percentage make the car tighter and more rear percentage make the car looser? In my mind, I think the lighter the rear of the car is, the less it'll plant and therefore have less traction in the rear of the car.

My next question is, why is it that you want your fuel to be as high as you can get it towards the deck?

Thanks for any help!

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-25-2012, 10:28 AM
As I'm still new to setups on DLM, I've got a question about rear percentage. Why does less rear percentage make the car tighter and more rear percentage make the car looser? In my mind, I think the lighter the rear of the car is, the less it'll plant and therefore have less traction in the rear of the car.

My next question is, why is it that you want your fuel to be as high as you can get it towards the deck?

Thanks for any help!

Neither of those statements is true 100% of the time. That rear weight depends on driving style, the shape of the track, etc. The rear weight can give your rear tires grip, but it can also act as a pendulum trying to spin the car around. As far as getting fuel cell up high, the back and the front need to work together to make the car balanced. Moving the cell up high may help or hurt you. It depends on how big it is and what the car is doing before you moved it.