PDA

View Full Version : What can I do to make car turn left

Nutcase21
03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
What can I do to make car turn left by itself other that stagger,we are limited on tires and cant get a lot of stagger. I would like it to go left (actually a hard left) if I let off steering wheel, Any ideas would be appreciated. Sorry the car is a 99 GRT

rubbinsracin
03-30-2012, 03:40 PM
as far as i know, stagger is what causes what you are refering too.

what are you tire rules? most late model series around here allow from an 88 to a 92 tires size. with that combo on the rear you should should able to get plenty of stagger to cause the sensation you are refering too.

billetbirdcage
03-30-2012, 03:49 PM
If it doesn't pull left when you let go of the steering wheel, you caster is set wrong. Having more positive caster on the RF then the LF makes the wheels turn left without holding the steering wheel.

Make sure you're not turning the wheels the wrong way first. Eye ball straight down from the upper ball joint to the lower ball joint, the upper should be behind the lower B/J. Upper behind the lower is positive and Upper in front of the lower is negative. You may have negative caster on both fronts if you turned the wheels the wrong way first for your gauge when you set it.

sj valley dave
03-31-2012, 12:25 AM
With a big 92 on the RR and a small 88 LR, even if you have to run D-55's you can get 6" of stagger...Set your LF castor at 1-1 1/2* positive and your RF 5-5 1/2 * positive...We run a bigger split than some people..

Graff Spee
03-31-2012, 05:54 PM
You can also shorten your left side wheelbase. Right front brake shut off or left side brakes (open rear end) will turn you under braking.