PDA

View Full Version : 2.3 intake gaskets

dannyracer6
04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know where I can get an intake gasket for a 2.3 that does NOT have a center water port hole . I have seen them but do not know who makes them. ? Thanks.

crcltrakr
04-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Dan, they are from Felpro, they are for an LP gas application. Number is at shop, will respond tomorrow if Eric doesn't jump in...

JerryM

return to dirt
04-02-2012, 12:29 AM
danny, the fel-pro number is 91806. it is a d-port carb style gasket but i have trimmed them to also fit on oval intakes. like jerry said they were for early 80s fairmont lp setups. the bolt pattern is for carbed pattern heads but will work on efi intakes if you redrill the front hole in the intake or shim the corner of the intake. how's it going up north?

olin

dannyracer6
04-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks, Jerry and Olin.
Olin, I am right now in Tulare CA. been here for the winter. will be heading back north in May. Too cold up there in the winter.
Have you ever used the one pc rubber pan gasket on an old style block with the grooves in the to end caps. I have been told that you can fill the grooves with silicone and they will seal. Is it worth the effort.

Jerry, I will be back in Nampa/Boise in May.

Dan

Dirtman29
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks, Jerry and Olin.
Olin, I am right now in Tulare CA. been here for the winter. will be heading back north in May. Too cold up there in the winter.
Have you ever used the one pc rubber pan gasket on an old style block with the grooves in the to end caps. I have been told that you can fill the grooves with silicone and they will seal. Is it worth the effort.

Jerry, I will be back in Nampa/Boise in May.

Dandanny, I took your advice about filling the grooves with (black) RTV, worked perfectly with the 1 pc. rubber pan gasket. Well worth the effort IMO. I filled the grooves, let it sit for about 3-4 hrs & bolted the pan on. I used a thin layer of RTV on the ends of the gasket just prior to install. It was my rear main that was leaking all along anyways. Now its totally leak free. The ONLY mod I had to make was with the 4 larger corner pan bolts, they will NOT fit thru the gasket holes. I just used longer (and thinner) bolts with locknuts.

FELPRO part # OS34211R $27.99 @ autozone.