PDA

View Full Version : Have you been affected by race photos?

MDB
04-02-2012, 08:06 PM
As a photographer I have often wondered if photos have ever influenced your decision to get out and go to a race. I would like to think good photos spark interest in the sport and inspire people to go to events and see them in person but I have no way of telling.

What do you guys and gals think?

Thanks,
Marty

LITE-INN
04-02-2012, 09:39 PM
been in my blood way to affect me ,if I can go I will go

153J
04-03-2012, 06:32 AM
for me personally i prefer to check out videos of race tracks
tho my girlfriend has been very interested in photos from tracks she has never been too
and thru looking at photos she has decided on a few tracks she wants to see that arent close to home - tazewell for example
she saw photos from florence , and we ended up going there last year for the first time , and then again cuz we enjoyed it so much (6 hour drive frm home)
i like lookiing at photos to see new decal jobs , and some times the "perfect picture" comes out of nowhere
i mean perfect picture in the sense that it is more than just a race car , specifically one comes to mind from marion center speedway in PA
a couple years ago someone captured the late model in action while the sun was setting and it was a bright red sky in the background
another that comes to mind is someone captured brady wonderling(i think) it was in the back of dirt late model mag a couple years ago , at little valley speedway in NY
he was coming oout of turn 4 up there and had the car jacked back on the right rear , you could just tell he was wrkin that car for everything it was worth
i hope that helps answer your question ???

MDB
04-03-2012, 07:20 AM
i hope that helps answer your question ???

Exactly the kind of input I was hoping for.

Thanks.

Clayton_Wetter
04-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Track photos are always nice to check out. They can tell a story about the track itself. Not always a good one unfortunatley.