PDA

View Full Version : McDowell wins North Georgia ULTIMATE SLM event with 38 entries!

FASTRAKPR
04-04-2012, 11:37 AM
McDowell wins North Georgia ULTIMATE SLM event with 38 entries

In what had become a race with Mother nature, Dale McDowell won the first ULTIMATE Super late model series event of 2012. North Georgia was the venue, Mother nature was fearless, but the patience of both the fans and teams got the best of her this time. With a rained out event the night before at Boyds Speedway, plus rained out the weekend before at Cleveland County Speedway, it was obvious everyone was determined to make this weekend work one way or the other.

In what was one of the most star studded fields to this point of the season, McDowell proved his victory at the Bulls Gap Spring Thaw was no fluke. First he won the Spring Thaw, now the Spring Fest. It looks like McDowell is going to be hard to deal with in 2012. Running out of the RCR shop once again he is on a serious roll. In his ever so laid back normal manner, McDowell is simply proud to be racing.

"It was long night" said Kelley Carlton of the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series. "The rain delay was over two hours, but everyone wanted to stay and finish it and that’s exactly what we did. We so much appreciate the support of the teams and fans making this evening work. When I looked out into the crowd and into the parking lot, the place was completely full. I don't think there was a seat left or a parking sport either. People were actually four and five deep track sides. We were determined not to let everyone down”.

“What a night”! said Keith Ellis of North Georgia Speedway. “This place was packed to the rim with fans and race teams. I don’t think we have ever seen so many fans here. It was a special evening that I won't soon forget. I had one goal in mind at the end of the race. Get ULTIMATE back here for one more event before the end of the year. These guys did a great job and the packed house proved just that. They did things you just never see in Regional Super late model racing. For instance the fireworks. I'm not sure I have ever seen that at any super late model race much less a regional show. The ULTIMATE Series really does make a giant effort for the tracks. If they do every event like they did this one, there's no doubt this will be the series to have in the future”.

The next ULTIMATE Series events coming in the near future:

April 6th Friday Cleveland County Speedway, Lawndale NC
April 28th 311 Speedway, Madison NC

See the website: www.ultimatesupers.com

FINISHING ORDER AND CURRENT POINTS:
Final Rundown: 1) 17m Dale McDowell, 2) 44 Chris Madden, 3) 1 Jason Hiett, 4) 101 Casey Roberts, 5) 99 Derek Ellis, 6) 1w Dillon Wood, 7) 22 Mike Weeks, 8) 3 Austin Dillon, 9) 1n Jordy Nipper, 10) 22 William Thomas, 11) 98 Casey Barrow, 12) 16 Daniel Baggerly, 13) 14s Aaron Wilson, 14) 57 Zack Mitchell, 15) 8 David Payne, 16) 22 Chris Ferguson, 17) 1 Vic Hill, 18) 201 Billy Ogle, Jr., 19) 24 Chip Brindle, 20) 33 Brian Reese, 21) 26 Tony Knowles, 22) 31 Skip Arp, 23) 212 Josh Putnam, 24) 116 Randy Weaver