PDA

View Full Version : Brian Birkhofer Fifth in Illini 100; Prepares for Trip to LaSalle

DelphComm
04-05-2012, 07:08 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

April 5, 2012

Brian Birkhofer Fifth in Illini 100; Prepares for Trip to LaSalle

(MUSCATINE, IOWA) Brian Birkhofer and his #15b team kicked-off their highly-anticipated 2012 racing season on March 30-31 at the Farmer City Raceway in Farmer City, Illinois. The World of Outlaws Late Model Series once again sanctioned the annual 'Illini 100' at the 1/4-mile fairgrounds venue and a whopping $20,000 payday was on the line.

Brian laid down the seventh fastest lap during the qualifying session on Friday night and later ran second in his stacked heat race. After rolling off from the inside of the fourth row in the 100-lapper on Saturday, Brian dropped back a few spots early in the race before storming back towards the front of the stellar field. The Muscatine, Iowa standout eventually made it all the way up to fifth to finish behind only 'Illini 100' winner Jimmy Mars, Darrell Lanigan, Shannon Babb, and Rick Eckert. Full results from the season opener can be located online at www.worldofoutlaws.com.

“We had a good, solid run to start out the season,” commented Birkhofer today via telephone. “I have some work to do on the car, but I can’t complain about a top five finish against that kind of competition. We have worked hard at the shop this week and will look to be better when we take to the track at LaSalle this weekend. I have to thank all of the fans and drivers at Farmer City that purchased raffle tickets through my kids. It goes to a good cause and I can’t thank those who donated enough.”

Birkhofer Racing will travel back to the Land of Lincoln this Saturday night, April 7 for the ‘Thaw Brawl’ at the LaSalle Speedway in LaSalle, Illinois. The UMP DIRTcar Series event will feature a complete show of qualifying, heat races, consolation events, and 40-lap A-Main. The winner of the ‘Thaw Brawl’ on Saturday will receive $5,000 for their effort. Additional information on LaSalle Speedway can be accessed online at www.lasallespeedway.com.

View the latest dirt on the Birkhofer Racing team all year long by accessing www.brianbirkhoferracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com