PDA

View Full Version : tire needling

fez
04-05-2012, 08:39 PM
does anybody use a tire needle tool? and does it seem to make a difference?

not clamped up
04-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Yes we use one,its only 2 races old so my feedback is very limited,we are pretty sure that the tires that we have needled are coming in faster,and thats about all I know for now.

TeamGRT12x
04-07-2012, 02:17 PM
It will help the tire release heat as well as fire off quicker. Check out www.cpdracingtools.com as Denny has a pretty slick setup for this.

johnny v
04-08-2012, 03:27 PM
It will help the tire release heat as well as fire off quicker. Check out www.cpdracingtools.com as Denny has a pretty slick setup for this.

I see the siping tool.... is "siping" and "needling" the same thing?

TeamGRT12x
04-08-2012, 07:11 PM
No, the needler is an add on. It should be on the site somewhere.

Graff Spee
04-08-2012, 10:11 PM
It helps tremendously when used with tire softeners!

stewartsofusa
07-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Stewarts of America have hand needling tools and complete needling machinery available. Tire needling is proven to:- Increase traction- Help dissipate excess heat- Increase tire prep chemical absorbency- Get tires to optimum temperature, faster- Increase surface areaAll our tooling and machinery are 100% designed and built in the USA, and are built to last. - Needlers ride on bearings, not metal to metal like the cheap imports- FABRICATED STEEL coated handle, not wood or aluminum for drastically extended tool life. Hand tools can be mounted directly in siping, grinding or other lathe type machines for dual use.- Needlers are built to be able to be disassembled for cleaning or maintenance. Unlike competitors, we do not use rivits! Contact Stewarts of America:P: 1-864-967-7085Em: sales@stewartsofamerica.comW: www.StewartsofAmerica.com

RACEMAN
07-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Has anyone used this process on slicks for pavement tracks?

texas pride
07-29-2014, 01:57 PM
I've heard and seen the tool before but never used one. what area of the tire do you use it on and do go from side to side or go around the tire when using the needler