PDA

View Full Version : tire needling

fez
04-05-2012, 08:41 PM
does anybody use a tire needler and does it help?

latemodel86
04-07-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't believe people do that anymore. There was a thread on tire needling not too long ago and I believe that some people said it was a old sprint car trick and not many people do that now.

merc123
04-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Guy I know does it and dominates the track...is it because of needling? Probably not the only reason, but may be of help.

leadorfollow
04-10-2012, 10:51 AM
needling is mainly used where siping is not allowed or when treating tires to allow the chemical access to the rubber

sharp
04-13-2012, 06:06 AM
Not sure what it does, But I seen Jason Feger with several tires that were needled last season when we were pitted next to him. Asked him why they do that and he responded oh thats just my crew guys messing around, then they rolled the tires in the trailer.

stewartsofusa
07-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Stewarts of America have hand needling tools and complete needling machinery available. Tire needling is proven to:- Increase traction- Help dissipate excess heat- Increase tire prep chemical absorbency- Get tires to optimum temperature, faster- Increase surface areaAll our tooling and machinery are 100% designed and built in the USA, and are built to last. - Needlers ride on bearings, not metal to metal like the cheap imports- FABRICATED STEEL coated handle, not wood or aluminum for drastically extended tool life. Hand tools can be mounted directly in siping, grinding or other lathe type machines for dual use.- Needlers are built to be able to be disassembled for cleaning or maintenance. Unlike competitors, we do not use rivits! Contact Stewarts of America:P: 1-864-967-7085Em: sales@stewartsofamerica.comW: www.StewartsofAmerica.com

mab475
07-28-2014, 09:01 PM
I like your product. I was wondering if you had a price sheet available for your racing products?

fruit loop
07-28-2014, 10:31 PM
how much do you recommend needling the tire for example, how many times around on a tire grinding machine. and do you needle them every time you grind the tire