PDA

View Full Version : RR Birdcage

drtrcr60
04-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Does anyone make a RR Birdcage with an intregal caliper mount on the birdcage?

johnny v
04-07-2012, 07:13 AM
we run a Shaw, and have heard they have one...... K Shaw is on here sometimes... maybe he can answer your question...

powerslide
04-09-2012, 11:21 AM
i know BSB makes an option for one.

k.shaw
04-10-2012, 02:07 PM
We do keep them in stock. 870-251-2966
Thanks Kevin shaw

washeduptoo
04-10-2012, 07:06 PM
What does that do for the rr on a 4-4 car, haven't seen one on a 4-4. Thanks

sobe92
04-10-2012, 10:28 PM
mounting brakes on the birdcage on the rr is supposed to tighten the car on the brakes

washeduptoo
04-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks, I knew that is what it did on a 3 link when we used it, seemed back then you could keep the car on the bottom better with it. Is this something people are trying, both sides floated on a 4-4? Thanks again.

missile07
04-11-2012, 10:59 AM
We have been running the LR on a brake floater as well as the RR on the brake floater on a 4bar GRT both sides for a couple of years now. Seems to be inconsistent sometimes due to different braking forces as well as how hard you can enter the turn. Some nights it would be extremely fast while trail braking but other nights if the track was very tacky it seemed to cause a push. JMO. We are going to try just the brake floater on the LR to start the year

k.shaw
04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
To washuptoo,
When mounting the RR Brake on the existing birdcage , I don't like to say it tigtens corner entry as much as it just gets the load at the tire patch earlier in the corner when you start to apply brakes.
It will hold RR upper bar angle in the car when on the brakes and slows down the birdcage indexing effect because it keeps the birdcage from rotating into the spring from the bottom.
Most of our cars have the brake on the housing but we do have several guys going to this arrangement.
hope this helps Kevin Shaw

washeduptoo
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
That is what I was thinking running both floated they would be going against each other. Thanks for the information, anyone else try it that would care to add anything? Thanks again, we run brake floater on lr and to me if you don't trail brake very well it also can upset the car.

TCmod
04-11-2012, 04:21 PM
The way I see it, the LR brake mounted to the birdcage is no different to Anti Dive in the front. It's pulling on the LRL bar and pushing against the LRU bar helping to keep the birdcage indexed and loading the LR on corner entry. The separate floater on the LR would transfer weight to the front but more to the RF tightening up the car and not have much influence on the LR to loosen you up on entry.

But the RR floated on the birdcage to me will do the same thing but try and take index out of the birdcage while still loading the tire but away from the spring.

I'm a trail braker but when my car is done I will be LR floated on birdcage with separate floated on the RR.

What I've seen some drivers doing is just running a long 5/8" bolt through the floater to the birdcage and being able to change from floated on birdcage to separate at the track.

brett4
04-11-2012, 04:53 PM
T/c mod did you start drinking early? I think someone is trying to over complicate things.

TCmod
04-11-2012, 06:00 PM
No b/rett. Makes sense to me.

washeduptoo
04-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Kevin,

Sorry didn't see your reply till now, we're typing at the same time I guess. Thanks for answering Kevin. Will it hook to BSB b/c or you have to have a Shaw b/c?
We've run the lr hooked to b/c and also floated on lr. It appears to me its messing with the rear steer with the lr hook to b/c. If the brake was floated on rr hooked to b/c it might be sensitive to brake bias, too much to rear might make car too tight. Thanks for all replies, anyone else got any information or experience on it.

FLYNBRYAN
04-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I built one for the rr that bolts to the BSB bc, Just like K.S. said , car feels more stable under brakeing into the turn. I think it pins the lf to the dirt, but I build alittle bit or "pro dive" into that corner

washeduptoo
04-11-2012, 09:35 PM
How does it handle on a heavy track? Do you have any pics? Thanks