PDA

View Full Version : help with bleeding clutch in a bert

eclipsegse
04-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Have new master cylinder and cant get hard pedal if u pump pedal once then clutch gets hard no air in line

eclipsegse
04-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Any suggestions

hammond
04-07-2012, 11:45 AM
try bleeding the line . With the pedal pushed down crack lose the highes fitting in your clutch line and see if that will help. Air in the line will not go down to the trans so you need to bleed the line 1st.

zerolm
04-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Make darn sure that the line going from your master, to the tranny has no areas in which are higher than the rest of the line.. In other words, make sure the line is going downward at every point.. Not up a little, down alot, up a little down alot... even if you need to tie it up that way, temporarily unsecure the line for bleeding purposes, bleed the trans, then resecure the line.. if there is any part of the line that is higher than the master, or other parts of the line, it won't bleed and you will pull your hair out!! Good luck...

kydirt
04-08-2012, 06:55 AM
Make sure that you are getting full stroke from your master cylinder soemtimes you have to adjust the pushrod to get it.

Racer111
04-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Also get rid of the BS bolt used to bleed on trans a bleeder from a wilwood caliper fits right in and gives you a normal style bleeder to ues.Free bleeding works sometimes.Barley touch pedal while looking inside of Master cylinder see if you are getting air bubbles.They can be a real pain somtimes.

dirttrackrocker
04-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I have a Brinn and it too can be a pain. I use a vacuum pump and suck it through while some one keeps dumping fluid in. After I get the cup on the vacuum pump full I bleed it normally and it usually is fine. I have a friend that uses a reverse bleeder that forces fluid from the tranny up to the MC and he says it works great.

Graff Spee
04-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I have a Brinn and it too can be a pain. I use a vacuum pump and suck it through while some one keeps dumping fluid in. After I get the cup on the vacuum pump full I bleed it normally and it usually is fine. I have a friend that uses a reverse bleeder that forces fluid from the tranny up to the MC and he says it works great.

Yup, this is the fastest and best way to bleed it! A vacuum bleeder is about $75.00 through Matco tools.

powerslide
04-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I have a brinn but on my car the trans looks likes it slopes to the back of the car, so it would trap air in the front. What i did being a one man show was buy a couple fittings and used a brake hose and moved the bleeder up about the same height as the m/c. Jack up the back of the car and crack open bleeder until you get fluid and then close it. Get in car and push pedal down slowly a couple times. You may see a few bubbles come up in the M/C. Zip tie the brake line to whatever you like to keep it from flopping around and getting into something.

On another note they suggest using 3/4 m/c might want to double check that.

Dirtrunner35
04-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Got the clutch bleed, it works but does not get hard like a brake pedal . I can push it all the way to the firewall and it moves the car. I pump the pedal twice and it gets harder, jacked up the back of car and used a vacuum brake bleeder on it, no air. Going to use it like this for now, thanks.