PDA

View Full Version : grt birdcages wanted(bearing or teflin)

racer21
04-08-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm looking to by a set of birdcages for a 98 grt lm and was wondering who makes one that is worth buying without breaking the bank,i was also wondering if bearing is the way to
go or if teflin would work,would also be interested in a nice used set if someone has some,(no junk please as i already have some of them) thanks in advance

AmickRacing
04-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I've got a set of bearing birdcages that came off of my '03 car that are in good shape. Check your PM's.

I've always ran the bearing birdcages, but Dad ran the teflon one's back in the day. Seems like they were a lot of maintenance to keep them moving free.

sj valley dave
04-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Teflon b/c's are a maintenance headache compared to the bearing cages. We run the 3 piece blue GRT cages that are a little old compared to the new stuff, but they still work great. Had to replace 1 bearing over the last 4 years..

team33
04-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I have a brand new set of bearing birdcages from port city. They are black and only have one night on them. Will take 500.00 for the pair with all the brake brackets and extra spacers for the bars. Let me know if interested.