PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil Dirt Series making only their second visit to the Cornhusker State

kearney
04-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Lucas Oil Dirt Series making only their second visit to the Cornhusker State

When the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Racing Series comes to I-80 Speedway for the Silver Dollar Nationals they will be making only their second appearance in the Cornhusker State. On June 25, 2005 the series raced at the Junction Motor Speedway with Don O’Neal winning that event.
O’Neal seems to like racing in the Cornhusker State as he is also the defending champion of the Silver Dollar Nationals.

On March 30 the Lucas Oil series raced at Jackson, Mississippi with Don O’Neal picking up the win. The next night at the Lone Star Speedway in Texas, Jared Landers won a terrific battle over Jimmy Owens to take the win. Owens with second place finishes at both events is now the series point leader.

Currently the top ten in Lucas Oil points are; Owens, Steve Francis, Don O’Neal, Jonathan Davenport, Dennis Erb, Jr., Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Earl Pearson, Jr., Jared Landers, Scott Bloomquist and John Blankenship.

The Midwest Late Model Racing Association (MLRA) is co-sanctioning the Silver Dollar Nationals and they opened their season on March 24 in Springfield, Missouri with Brad Looney picking up the win. Last Saturday night at the I-80 Speedway it was Will “The Thrill” Vaught winning the 35 lap feature. Vaught is the current MLRA point leader. John Anderson of Omaha is the defending MLRA Champion.

The United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) will also be running two complete shows at the Silver Dollar Nationals on July 20 & 21 and they have been busy as well. From March 28 thru 31 the USMTS was at Humboldt, Kansas for the King of America II and event which paid $15,000 to win and $1,500 to start saw Stormy Scott of Las Cruces, New Mexico come away as the big winner.

The Silver Dollar Nationals will be held at the I-80 Speedway on July 19, 20 & 21. The SLMR series plus B Mods and Hornets will be racing on July 19 with an open practice for the Super Late Models and Modifieds. Tickets are $15 for Adults, $5 for Juniors (6-12) with 5 and under free.

Then on Friday, July 20 things heat up as the Lucas Oil/MLRA Super Late Models will be running twin qualifying races with each driver racing twice. The USMTS will be running a National event on Friday night paying $4,000 to win. Qualifying races for the Silver Dollar Nationals will be sponsored by MalvernBank.com and Strobel Manufacturing. REM Plastic Products will be sponsoring the Top Qualifier Award. Reserved tickets are $28 for the raised Grandstand with General Admission $28 for Adults, $10 for Juniors (6-12) with 5 and under free.

On Saturday night Super Late Models will be running last chance races and the big $25,000 to win 80 lap Silver Dollar Nationals feature. The USMTS will be running a Casey’s Cup Qualifier paying $2,000 to win. Reserved tickets are $32 for the raised Grandstand, with General Admission $32 for Adults, $10 for Juniors with 5 and under.

For ticket information, call the I-80 Speedway Office at (402)-342-3453.