PDA

View Full Version : New BEAST Series Roars into Cherokee for $4,000 Rock Gault Memorial April 21st

Dirtman
04-11-2012, 09:03 PM
The New BEAST Series Roars into Cherokee Speedway for the 3rd Annual Rock Gault Memorial Sat. April 21st

The "Battle Of The Eastern All-Stars Tour" better known as "THE BEAST SERIES" is ready to kick off its 2012 race season with its first scheduled event at "The Place Your Mama Warned You About" Cherokee Speedway located in Gaffney, SC. on Saturday Night April 21st.

The Speedway is ready to get back to big time Super Late Model racing under the lights at the semi banked oval that is known to provide exciting side by side action. The event will be paying $4,000 to win will pay honor to the Speedway Legend "Rock Gault ". Support division include Limited Sportsman, Crate Sportman, Renegade, Young Gun and Open Wheel Modified classes. Gates open at 5, Drivers Meeting at 7 and Hot Laps to immediately follow.

Ed 'Rock' Gault, the well respected and loved owner/promoter of more than 30 years at Cherokee Speedway left his mark on the sport and area racers. "He made Cherokee Speedway the home to himself and his family, I am honored to be a part of this great event" said track promoter Lennie Buff.

"I loved that ol' man," were the words of C.L. Pritchett, a former dirt star from Commerce, Ga., and outright cult figure in the dirt racing world. "We would come up there from Georgia and take that money from those North and South Carolina boys, and Ol' Rock would always make sure we were coming back the next week. If we had trouble, he made sure we had enough to get back home."

When asked to present a memory of Rock Gault, 1985- 1991 and 2006 Cherokee Speedway announcer Duane Goins said, "You had to listen real close to what he was saying, but he always made a point. He really saw the big picture, no matter what was going on. He used to come up on Saturday when he 'declared' the track ready to race on and would show me how it looked. I used to tell him that if he did it long enough, he might get it right. He liked me to pick at him, and he always returned it in some way. That's MY Rock Gault, and I'm sure for many others. The racing community misses him. I still miss him."

Cherokee Speedway is conveniently located off of I-85 exit 96 in Gaffney, SC. Physical Address is 153 Speedway Drive in Gaffney, SC 29341. Track phone is (864) 489-1969. More info can be found online at www.cherokeespeedwaysc.com and visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cherokeespeedway for the most up to date Speedway information.

For information on "THE BEAST SERIES" please visit us online at www.racethebeast.com and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BEASTRacingSeries. For more Series information please contact Timmy Mcabee (jammer50@charter.net) at 864-761-6039 or Clint Elkins (clint@carolinaautoracingshow.com) at 980-429-0398.

The BEAST 2012 Schedule
April 21st - Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, SC.) "Rock Gault Memorial"
April 28th - Gordon Park (Grovetown, GA.) "Jack Starrette Memorial"
May 11th - Carolina Speedway (Gastonia, NC.)
May 28th - Harris Speedway (Rutherfordton, NC.)
June 12th - Laurens Speedway (Laurens, SC.) "Laurens Co. Shrine Race"
July 3rd - Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, SC.) "Independence Shootout"
August 4th - Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, SC.) "Stick Elliott Memorial"
September 2nd - Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney SC.) "Hall Of Fame Race"
September 3rd - Harris Speedway (Rutherfordton, NC.)
October 13th - Travelers Rest Speedway (Travelers Rest, SC.)

The BEAST Series sponsors include: PPM Products, VP Racing Fuels, Hoosier Tires, American Race Tires, Big A's Custom Graphics, Velocita, Carolina Auto Racing Show (CARS) and Thomas Clarke Performance.

johnE
04-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Well it's all good, another AR/Hoosier running series in the Carolinas.

Best of luck to you, I'm sure I'll attend several of these races.