PDA

View Full Version : 4-link/Pull-bar

wissotalm
04-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Hello,

I am interested in trying a pull-bar in replacement of my 5th coil. I would be leaving the lift-bar in for the 6th coil. Any recommendations on the length, angle, and left to right location? I know that people have ran Pull-bars with the Swing-Arm cars, but I haven't heard much about on a 4-link. Also curious about spring vs. biscuit or combinations?

I know am I asking a lot, just curious what past experiences have been.

Thanks

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I have seen it done in the past. Usually the car snaps up pretty violently with the 4 link rods and pullbar providing anti-squat to the rear. I would think you would want to move it further right than with a swingarm setup.

drtrkr244
04-16-2012, 08:59 PM
I am working with a llm team with that configuration due to different tracks and rules.What ive found is that too soft of a pullbar spring makes it too erratic. You'll need a progressive spring to slow down that reaction.Also, use a shock with a lot of compression and rebound and use a 600 pound spring in the sixth coil. It works pretty good for forward bite, but the ease of adjustability of the fifth coil is hard to beat.