PDA

View Full Version : FASTrak vs UMP Pro Late Model (crate)

crwaaron47
04-17-2012, 11:16 PM
What's the difference in the rules between the 2?

dynoman14
04-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Last time I spoke with a UMP tech man the rules were the same, with the exception that the engines did not have to be sealed. In my case I usually just seal them with Fastrak seals to ensure UMP customer can run with Fastrak or NeSmith and of course UMP with the same engine.

B r a n d o n
04-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Last time I spoke with a UMP tech man the rules were the same, with the exception that the engines did not have to be sealed. In my case I usually just seal them with Fastrak seals to ensure UMP customer can run with Fastrak or NeSmith and of course UMP with the same engine.

A,) The GM Performance Parts 602 engine (GM Part Number – 88958602) or the GM Performance Parts 604 crate engine (GM Part Number – 88958604) will be the only two engines permitted for competition. All engines are to remain sealed from the factory. The original factory seals must remain unaltered, Tampering, removal, modifications of any type and/or broken factory seals will not be permitted.

UMP Rules. Yes they have to be sealed. I think the main rule is the shock rule and tire compound rule.

SHOCKS:
At this time shocks are open. Should the price become what FASTRAK deems unreasonable and an unfair advantage,
then a shock rule will be put into effect without notice.
(FASTRAK intends to put a shock “claim” in place in 2013)

UMP Has $200 claim rule. So people dont buy shocks over $200.

B1 crew
04-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Altho the rules read as BRANDON states, UMP doesent enforce the seal rule.Also they were going to try the approved stickers on the shocks but cancelled that 2 years ago,but the rules still might say it is in effect.Haven't seen a shock claim used in the 3 years we've been in crates but them integra IDA's alot of guys use are way over $200.Only rule I am aware of is No Cannisters. Ed B.