PDA

View Full Version : mark bush spindles

really?
04-19-2012, 12:20 PM
what spindles is mark bush using on his mod stuff, i saw a car he redone and it slid on the balljnts from the bottom up on the upper and lower ,looked like something from the 50,s just wondering if anyone else might have seen this stuff!

dirttrackrocker
04-19-2012, 01:41 PM
So, you're saying the bottom ball joint faced down instead of up??

erm11
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Sounds like 67-82 vette

powerslide
04-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Sounds like 67-82 vette

been a few years since i read any rule books but vette parts were illegal 3-4years ago. The rule may have gotten dropped by now though

erm11
04-20-2012, 11:45 AM
No rules in ump land.

really?
04-20-2012, 07:41 PM
my friend has been investing in front ends for 15 yrs now and some of his stuff is under? so just wondering why marks doesnt get ? my friend has part #s and a car mark did in illinois looked very strange so just like any one learning u ask questions ,no offense but my friend makes a good living doing the same thing mark does he just dont have to advertise!

really?
04-20-2012, 07:52 PM
its been located thanx

really?
04-21-2012, 08:13 AM
wouldnt know pierce if he walked up. just asking questions thats why this is a tech board and by the way the center link that he or afco invented ,buy one for a strut camaro 84 or 85 its the same just like all the other parts he and everyone my friend included, came from gm or ford or somewhere so none of these guys invented any of it, they just combined someone elses parts to get what they have and always try to claim its theirs but thats what this board is for questions and answers!

really?
04-22-2012, 11:45 AM
most people that know mark, knows he is awesome, but you did not answer my question ,you just got offended that i asked these questions and the more you talk the more im pretty sure your imaturity would not be working along side the caliber of mark bush on anything. i measured the car in question last nite and the aarms upper and lower are mounted in same location he just has different spindle arrangment, by the way thanks erm11 once i ran its measurments through my software it wasnt anything exotic ,actually my tire scrub was better and so was the bump but they are still tryin stuff so good luck noodle you are not the only engineers in dirt racing. sharing info makes racing fun!

stillfast
04-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Back in the 70's we used a 70 Impala spindle. 4 3/4 bolt pattern, single piston caliper, bolt on steering arm, and the bolt on arm from a mid 60's Vette bolts on. They are forged steel, so they can be welded on. The lower ball joint does come in from the top and point down toward the ground. The ones we used had the lower eye reversed and the top eye moved to add kingpin angle. Worked great on LLM or Sportsman cars.

really?
04-23-2012, 11:35 PM
i have talked to mark several times and i know everything is top secret now days but the front i measured is different but the pickup points on the arms are not is all im saying and yes he goes through alot of fab work to get his stuff like it is, like i said before mark is awesome and the guy who let me check out his car wouldnt tell me the parts thats why i asked on here he said i could lokk at the track like everyone else even measure but wouldnt tell me any of the items because of confidentiality but mainly i can explain to the retarded people its chevy on chevy parts unlike pinto chevy ,and thats what got it started a couple weeks ago about it being in question

dsm_speeder
04-26-2012, 07:57 PM
In my opinion Mark Bush is the best in the buisness at this point in time. I have only met him once but I can say I have read (atleast a million times) every article he has wrote in Dirt mod and any other publication. I would absolutly love for him to do my front end but Im sure the price tag is a hefty one. I have used every peice of advice he has given in those articles and I have never been disapointed by the outcome. Not trying to be a KA but the fact is he knows his stuff.

Beau Bradley

MacNoodle
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Well said! I can promise you this, marks front end is the best money you'll ever spend second to his racewise class!

midwestmodracer
04-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Front end may or may not be great. It hasn't been seen in victory lane at any usmts show yet, so saying it is the be-all, end-all of dirt modified front ends is probably a good bit of overzealous thinking. I know of a chassis built in the AR, MO, and OK tri-state area that is designed and built by an extremely intelligent young man (engineer, or physicist I think is what I heard) that apparently has a great front to rear balance. My hughes car does pretty well for front end working as well. Likewise the GRT deal appears to being doing well to despite not have such "exotic and amazing" parts.

Racewise school was in my opinion nothing spectacular. There's some good information there for guys that need to develop fundamentals quickly, but it isn't anything earth shattering like some would lead others to believe in my opinion.

I'm sure Bush's front end is fine. But, it doesn't take much to sit at a keyboard and tout how wonderful something is. How about we just see how soon is shows up in victory lane against the top cars in the top series (USMTS hands down) and then sort out what is best? Until then be careful to make sure that Mark Bush announces before he makes any sharp movements, as I'd hate to see anyone's neck get broken from having their head too far up Mark's hiney.

Hype, it does a body good.

midwestmodracer
04-27-2012, 02:56 PM
No hating here almighty one...learn to laugh at yourself...you will live a lot longer.

oh yeah, the rocket black front end...was also a good geometry package for its time. Still, there are other front ends past and present that are every bit as good. See that's the thing. Nobody here has said that Mark Bush is a complete tool that doesn't know what he's doing. You just can seem to understand that he isn't the only intelligent person in the dirt racing industry. In your world everything is apparently about you...even when in reality it isn't.

Once again, the thing you are missing here is nobody is knocking the man that you are in love with. The only objection anyone has is how over the top you are about being sure nobody could ever top the object of your affection. We're all happy that you like having someone else's handy work making you feel like you're the man. Good for you. That doesn't mean that everyone else on the planet is an idiot for not agreeing with you.

Please don't be offended. Many people have this same problem along the way. My 13 year old is struggling with these same principles of life from time to time right now. However, I'm sure that he and you can both grow out of it in the future.

Best of luck

driver99
04-27-2012, 04:59 PM
What gets me about this whole thread is no one is pointing out that this is the kind of stuff that is ruining modified racing. Let me quote part of what the gentleman said that helps with these cars:

"Extensive work is done on the lower mounts, I wont go into detail but it does not involve any relocating, the upper mounts are totally marks design, spring angles are changed, spindles, ballpoints, upper control arms, all this is changed and fabricated in marks shop."

Now maybe Im reading that wrong but in most of the main sanctions I was always under the impression lower mounts, spring angles and spindles are kind of off limit pieces. Now the way I read the above quote is that he is really working those things over. Now to me, that violates the idea of the rules for most sanctions, its reads more like he found changes that they can't measure or don't have a measurement for and is taking advantage of that for money. So if this design ends up being dominant then now drivers will have to shell out $$$$$$ to keep up with someone who basically manipulated the rules in a way that hasn't been outlawed yet. This is just my opinion but tell me how "extensive work" to what should be stock can mean anything else?

joeltjen
04-27-2012, 08:50 PM
"Extensive work is done on the lower mounts, I wont go into detail but it does not involve any relocating, the upper mounts are totally marks design, spring angles are changed, spindles, ballpoints, upper control arms, all this is changed and fabricated in marks shop."

re- working lower mounts, changing front spring angles, fabrication on spindles.... i questioned wissota head tech inspector and NON of these things you mentioned ARE legal on a wissota mod......just sos ya know

john oeltjen

midwestmodracer
04-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Repeated stating of a name doesn't strengthen an argument. Therefore, I won't be repeatedly stating my name.

Stormy Scott is one of the hottest drivers in the game right now. Nobody can argue against that. Does that mean that since he's driving around everything else he lines up with, then GRT must have the best modified possibly built? Or that Stormy Scott has the best driving skills that any driver could ever develop?

Hopefully the answer to those questions is no. BUT, a front end on someone's car must be the best possible thing to ever be created just because Mark Bush has a hand in it? Is it a good front end? I'm sure it is. But making statements which can't even begin to be substantiated isn't a way to make a point.

Enjoy laughing at me! We all need a good laugh. And, let's face it, someone has to return the favor to you for all the enjoyment you're giving the rest of the people reading this thread.