PDA

View Full Version : Late Model to Modified, help

bud1
04-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Hello,

I am currently throwing around the idea of switching to a modified from a late model. Around here late model car counts have been falling, and there aren't very many places to race anymore. Looking to pick up a used modified, and I am wondering what your thoughts are. This would be a spec. engine wissota modified division that I would be joining.

Also looking to find out what chassis builders provide great tech support, even if I buy a used car from another party just to get into the division? Any chassis to stay away from considering I would be looking for used cars? Don't need to be picking up a car that wears out quick, as I would want to put a few years on a car.

crateracer16
04-20-2012, 12:20 AM
I like shaw cars. Kevin shaw is on this forum a lot as well and helps all the time. They are great cars!!!!

smirk
04-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Call Mike at Lou Fegers. He may have a used car or two there that will be like new. Very fast durable cars and great people to deal with. 1-800-328-3618.

cavemod
04-20-2012, 04:26 PM
almost all the latemodel chassis builders build modifieds or work with someone to build cars with there name on them so its take your pick.most if not all give some sort of tech support or can direct you to people who can give you tech support especailly if your buying a new car.

Racer111
04-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I would go with a Pierce car..

racin6mod
04-21-2012, 04:46 PM
we had to switch due to the local track dropping the lm's. I bought a 4 bar chassis from a local builder he had a ton of feedback from other local racers and his info was right on the money. as posted above a shaw by landers or a grt by phillips would be a good choice for a lm guy.A rayburn would be my first choice but ther hard to find used.

TeamGRT12x
04-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Kevin Shaw will get you into something at a decent price. The support is 2nd to none as well.