PDA

View Full Version : Wendell Wallace Eighth at Batesville Motor Speedway; Mourns Loss of Russell Baker

DelphComm
04-19-2012, 10:53 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

April 19, 2012

Wendell Wallace Eighth at Batesville Motor Speedway; Mourns Loss of Russell Baker

(BATESVILLE, ARKANSAS) The Wendell Wallace Autosports team entered a pair of Dirt Late Model events over the April 13-14 weekend in the states of Arkansas and Mississippi. On Friday night, the #6m team traveled down the road to the Batesville Motor Speedway in Locust Grove, Arkansas for a $2,000 to win Comp Cams Super Dirt Series showdown. Wendell Wallace ran fourth in heat race action at his hometown speedplant and later moved up six spots in the 30-lap main event to earn an eighth place performance.

Next up was a trip to the Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, Mississippi on Saturday evening for the $8,000 to win 'Spring Throw Down.' Wendell finished third in his heat race, which locked him into the outside of the sixth row in the 50-lap feature event. The Batesville, Arkansas hotshoe then advanced up to sixth in the A-Main before handling issues sidelined his BWRC entry and Wendell was relegated to a twenty-first place effort. Complete results from both weekend shows can be viewed online at www.dirtondirt.com.

“We had an up and down weekend, but that is the last thing on my mind after Russell (Baker) passed away on Tuesday,” quoted Wallace earlier today. “He was a great person and a trusted friend and he will surely be missed by a lot of people. Russell has been an integral part of my race team for a long time and his engines powered me to a lot of wins. But as good an engine builder as he was, he was an even better person and that is what I will remember most about Russell.”

Wendell and the #6m team are scheduled to take the upcoming weekend (April 20-21) off from racing action following the unfortunate passing of engine builder Russell Baker. Next up for the team will be a trip to The Great American Dirt Track in Jetmore, Kansas on April 27-28 for the 3rd Annual ‘Showdown.’ The MARS DIRTcar Series will preside over the two-day extravaganza at the Jetmore Motorplex. Friday’s show will pay $1,500 to the winner, while Saturday’s finale boasts a hefty $12,000 top prize. Additional information on the huge weekend in Kansas can be located online at www.greatamericandirttrack.com.

Wendell Wallace would like to thank the following sponsors for their continued support: Triple A Diesel Service, Wincrest Farms, Mark Martin KIA, Bad Boy Mowers, Bennings Heating & Air, C. W. Culvert, New Vision Graphics, Tim Logan Racing, Barry Wright Race Cars, Russell Baker Racing Engines, Allstar Performance, Base Racing Fuel, BSB Manufacturing, C&S Cable Construction, Delph Communications, Dyer’s Top Rods, Frankland Racing Supply, Hoosier Racing Tires, Sweet Mfg., Wiles Driveshafts, and Wilwood Engineering.

You can learn more about the “Batesville Bullet” online at www.WendellWallace.com!

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com