PDA

View Full Version : S7 Spindles for a Smack

gottaluvdirtracin
04-22-2012, 02:19 PM
We have been trying the S7 spindles and they seem to make the car no longer transfer weight front to rear. If the tracks are real fast they seem to work but as soon as they slow down the car never gets to the RF to turn. So my question is for those that are using them (and running good with them) what did you have to do with spring rates, ride heights and front end settings.
Thanks

Matt49
04-22-2012, 05:10 PM
You can't just change the spindles. The right side control arms are also different. Upper should be 8 1/2 and lower should be 18 5/8. The right tie rod should be about 18 7/8.
The ride heights are also different due to the change in snout location on the spindles. Ride heights for S7 are 3 1/2 on both sides.

We used to run the old style stuff and switched over to S7 last year. I would never go back. Car steers much better from center off with the S7 for us.

Are you running low-friction ball joints? I think it is a must especially if running a softer RF.

gottaluvdirtracin
04-23-2012, 05:21 PM
what about the tail of the car? I can't get the LF down that low.

Matt49
04-24-2012, 08:35 AM
what about the tail of the car? I can't get the LF down that low.

The new ride heights for S7 (3 1/2 both sides) are for front only. RR ride height should still be 7 3/8. LR ride height will depend on bite but we usually end up around 8".