PDA

View Full Version : dw-12 setup help

jden89
04-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Ok ive searched and search and cant find anywhere to get a complete base setup for a dw12 (or alike) i just got this car and im needing to get a starting point on it and we all know you cant exactly call up dirtworks anymore. I have found information on percentages but need all i can get on the rear as far as bar lengths, jbar mounting on the frame and on the pinion, and rear steer. It is 4 bar 4bar lr shock infront slider behind and brake floater and rr coilover in front. also running a lift arm right now (opinions welcome on that). This is my first year in a modified so any help is apreciated thanks.

powerslide
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
I didnt know they made a dw-12. I thought the last ones were genisis. I am not that close to D/w though so i could be wrong. If you had a year and chassis# maybe someone has a sheet close to what yours is.
As far as the liftarm goes if you are new to mods i would switch to a pullbar. Alot of the USMTS guys are running liftarm but they are doing it 3-4 nights a week and have figured it out for the most part but occasionally find a track they still struggle.

mod 44
04-24-2012, 01:59 AM
I didnt know they made a dw-12. I thought the last ones were genisis. I am not that close to D/w though so i could be wrong. If you had a year and chassis# maybe someone has a sheet close to what yours is.
As far as the liftarm goes if you are new to mods i would switch to a pullbar. Alot of the USMTS guys are running liftarm but they are doing it 3-4 nights a week and have figured it out for the most part but occasionally find a track they still struggle.

the dw 12 is a genisis

if you have a cell number i can text you what you are looking for i race a dw 12 my self and love it the quiston is do you have a 9 inch or quick change and im on the pull bar

jden89
04-24-2012, 06:08 AM
cell is 870-421-7140 and im running a qc rear.

dirtnasty5r
04-25-2012, 08:18 PM
the dw 12 is a genisis

if you have a cell number i can text you what you are looking for i race a dw 12 my self and love it the quiston is do you have a 9 inch or quick change and im on the pull bar

I have a dw 9 4bar car. I got it this year. new to mod. ran it one time. can you please help me with the set up? it is a 9 in. look at getting a qc. you can call or txt me at 903-487-1355.