PDA

View Full Version : 3 link questions

dillon_94
04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
i was wondering what the lower bars would do it there off the front of the rear end. my girl friend got a mod and its 3 link with a lift bar and both shocks are in the rear with springs in the front and the trailing arms go off the center of the front of the rear end. whould this be changed or what, im stumped.

thanks in advance

Dirtrunner35
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
WOW lol never heard of that, Im going to say very hard to get alot of forward bite with the bars in the middle of axle, unless they are way up now in the front. I would change them, how did the car do with the other owner ?

dillon_94
04-26-2012, 10:43 AM
well its been in a garage sense 2000 haha old car! but it won the championship the last time in ran a full season in 99. its also got a lift bar dont remember if i had mentioned that

Dirtrunner35
04-27-2012, 08:23 PM
A championship back then but not now, I would change it myself. You could use the lift bar, first time in car ??

washeduptoo
04-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Someone mentioned that trailing arm hook up or close to it a while back, might have been Graf Spree, can't remember for sure.

Graff Spee
04-29-2012, 11:40 PM
If you run the arms off of the center of the axle tube you will be raising the instant center. It will make for a chassis with little to no driver feel. We tried this back in late 90's, what frame is up front? We did it on a Zobel car.

Graff Spee
04-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Someone mentioned that trailing arm hook up or close to it a while back, might have been Graf Spree, can't remember for sure.

I think you are referring to the upside down 3 link.

washeduptoo
04-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Thats right, it was that, Sorry.

powerslide
04-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Hoover cars are built like this. And yes they won many a championships back in the day. One was still winning races about two years ago at a local bullring about 2hrs from where i live. The trailing arms are about 3ft long and pullbar about 4ft long. The front doesnt have any down bars going out to the horns. Its built on the bigger chevelle clips i think its 73-78. Dont quote me on the years.

Graff Spee
04-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Hoover cars are built like this. And yes they won many a championships back in the day. One was still winning races about two years ago at a local bullring about 2hrs from where i live. The trailing arms are about 3ft long and pullbar about 4ft long. The front doesnt have any down bars going out to the horns. Its built on the bigger chevelle clips i think its 73-78. Dont quote me on the years.

It sounds iinnovative thats for sure!

dillon_94
05-01-2012, 11:16 AM
she's ran a sportsman car for the last 4 years and got this mod for cheap first time in the mod will be saturday. i think its got the caprice clip on it, and the lower links are only 17 inches and a 27 inch panard bar from the left of the chassis to the right of the rearend behind, i was told it was a old pavement car that they turned to dirt, so i might just keep it like this for this year and i know a good chassis guy who can put and 3 or 4 link braket in it i want, so thanks for all the help and info