PDA

View Full Version : rear brake prob.....

frontrunner
04-28-2012, 10:50 AM
i got a mod.. need help with getting more rear brake not much psi.. to rear I put new peadles in bias bar type i run I can ajust to rear and still not much brake... new master cylenders 7/8 rear all new lines i just went to new calipers with bigger pistons bled them & bled them still not much brake... floor mount pedle & i even put in a 2 pound res.... valve thought the fluid was backing back to master cylender but still didnt help...Thanks for any help

HEAVY DUTY
04-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Check your balance bar adjustment like the instructions with the pedal says.Most of the time the spacing between the clevises are not set right from the factory.Go to wilwood engineering website and there is instructions there that should apply to any brand of pedal. Also make sure your adjuster isnt hanging up on something when you are pressing the pedal keeping it from pushing the rod into the master cylinder, and that your adjuster crank can slide freely with the pedal movement.

johnny v
04-28-2012, 12:54 PM
check the distance from the pivot pin to the MC center and the total length..... pedals come in different ratio's.... .... depending on the brand, etc...... I haven't looked at them lately... but I remember there being 6 to 1 and 7 to 1 ratios.......

frontrunner
04-28-2012, 10:20 PM
ok Thanks... when i push the pedal the front mc rod dnt go far but front brakes work good & the rear mc when i hit the brakes the rod seems to go in along ways..it is a 7/8 for rear...I can unhook fron mc and is same way......Thanks again for the help

johnny v
04-29-2012, 07:41 AM
ok Thanks... when i push the pedal the front mc rod dnt go far but front brakes work good & the rear mc when i hit the brakes the rod seems to go in along ways..it is a 7/8 for rear...I can unhook fron mc and is same way......Thanks again for the help

having a longer stroke on one MC vs the other is normal when the piston diameters are different... that is why it is important to set the bias bar up correctly....

There is nothing wrong with that.... our Shaw set up sheet calls for 1" front, 7/8 rear, and the bias bar works fine.... but it has to be set up correctly.....

9modified
04-29-2012, 07:56 AM
If you have bigger piston calipers on the front you need more flow and volume go to a 1" master cylinder for the front. Also you don't need bigger piston calipers on the rear. And check your balancer bar for binding.

frontrunner
04-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Ok thanks & i dont have big piston calipers on fron but i do have bigger piston calipers on rear 7/8 mc for rear.. i put more space inbetween the clevis se what that does.. Thanks again for the help