PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Carb guys

Hagen14t
04-29-2012, 12:09 PM
I have a willy's 4 barrel carb. When i was putting the back squirter screw back in yesterday, it stripped out in the carb. My question is. The squirter screws on these have a hole through the threads on them, and i took a screw out of a two barrel which doesnt have the hole through it and put it in there because it was a little bit longer. I got it tight and it seemed to work good. There is still plenty of fluid coming out the back. Do you think that im going to have any problems because this screw doesnt have the hole through it?

sj valley dave
04-29-2012, 01:14 PM
I forgot what they call for, but when you get to a certain size squirter you need the hollow screw for fuel flow...Just call Willy's on Monday and tell them what size squirter you have

cavemod
04-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Did the non holed screw tighten down ok??if so get a different one with the hole.It's there to allow the extra fuel needed.I had the screw break in my c&s a couple years ago and the motor did stumble a bit until i put the one in with the hole.If it doesn't tighten down then your probably going to need a new main body or try a little teflon tape on the threads above the whole making sure it doesn't block it and cross your fingers that it tightens.Or you can try and drill a hole the same size in your new one.Hope this helps.