PDA

View Full Version : Kosiski B-Modified Chassis......

Seaman66
04-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Ok guys, ive used every resource that i know of (I knew to the b-mod world) I've searched, made calls, searched the web, etc etc. I have found out that my car was built by Joe and Steve Kosiski but thats as much as i know. My only problem is......i've never seen their chassis around here (SW Missouri) With this being said, is there anyway I can find out if this TRUELY is a Kosisiki chassis, where/what is some identification. If not, what do these cars closely resemble?? Reasoning behind this is if i need to purchase something for the car you generally find Hoffman, Allen, GRT, etc. Plus, everybody likes to know what they have. Unfortunately the guy i purchased the car from didn't ask questions when he got it, he just bought it.....went and raced it....couldnt' figure out why he wasnt doing great(mind you it was his first season).....and got rid of it. any help would be awesome! thank you

washeduptoo
04-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Some of those cars were built at Harris I think, some were out of Neb. Might try Jet mods and see if they have a contact number, just a guess. What front clip does it have, someone can probably get you close if they know that and what rear suspensions rules you have. Good luck.

Seaman66
04-29-2012, 05:03 PM
was told the car started as a sway bar car......it is currently a 3 link. believe the front end is metric. only numbers i can find is at the end of the stubs, about 3 inches or so from very end on top.....3k something, or k something. (i'm at work right now so i can't give an exact number/letter)

washeduptoo
04-29-2012, 06:04 PM
If its metric, is it big or small metric? If its small, you'll need to know if it has metric or nova lowers, if you don't know this, hopefully someone can guide you, if not try contacting Heavy Duty on here, he has always been helpful

smirk
04-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Tim Donlinger won a ton of money in one of those in the 90's. Small metric frt nova lowers w z link in the rear. Later switching to 4 link left z right.

SnapOn35
04-30-2012, 07:59 PM
I work on a friends mod and we used to run those back in the late 90s and early 00's we had real good luck with them till they went to the 3 link then we changed to pierce. Think we still have some setup sheets on them ill look. Smirk is right as to the front end part of it

Seaman66
05-01-2012, 08:14 AM
looking at a friends TRE I did notice his front stub and frame seemed way wider than mine (this may be normal, i'm still learning) So i guess that would make sense, me having the "small metric"

outacontrol
05-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Seaman, your car is a small metric, I saw you at Midway saturday. I run a metric too (At Springfield), but it's on Nova lowers, pinto spindles, not sure what yours is on. You really can't get too much tech help in our area with these, we're in chevelle country. The one thing I found you can't do, is try to set one up exactly like it's a dirtworks, hoffman, allen etc. I tried that, and it drove like a brick. I've got an Xtreme Chassis, and I'm not exactly sure where it was built, so I don't have any tech either. I've made huge improvements by reading tech posts on similar types of cars, like Lightning Chassis, and trying those things.

Seaman66
05-02-2012, 12:33 PM
thanks outacontrol.......appreciate it very much! were you racing saturday night?? Think i'm gonnd change gears before i go back help get me out of the corners better.

outacontrol
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
No, just watched since we rained out. I've never run Midway, but heard you need a real low gear.

Seaman66
05-02-2012, 07:37 PM
yeah i'm going to be changin my gear.......couldn't seem to pull out of the corner like they were. I could catch up a bit on straights but couldn't keep up off corner :/.....lesson learned lol (my first time on that track)

wallis127
05-17-2012, 04:26 PM
They were metric and were welded up and built by a father son in Missouri, they dont do tech or race car set up. Joe and Steve never built anything.

Its my understanding those cars use nova lowers on opposite sides with a metric clip. Ive never heard anyone say they were worth scrap even.

If i remember right it was Bob Lafollet (spelling?) also welded up Masersbilts I believe.