PDA

View Full Version : poweglide problem?

smokey 4 president
04-30-2012, 10:32 AM
I have a direct drive glide built by bushore. First time using one of theirs. Having problems with keeping motor running when i put it in low or reverse. As soon as i drop into gear it wants to die. I have tried adjusting idle anywhere from 900 to 2000 and also playing with idle adjustment screws on carb. Never had a problem with other glides in the past like this. Should be able to have in gear and hold brake.

SRXSRULE
04-30-2012, 07:19 PM
"Should be able to have in gear and hold brake" Thats not going to happen!!! Its Direct Drive. As soon as you put it in gear you need to be ready to move. Also you want to use reverse VERY little, and dont put any load on it while in reverse. Its only got a single disk reverse clutch. Eric

TeamTerminator
04-30-2012, 10:36 PM
I have a bushore glide and can be in low without applying brake and car will sit without moving. Have always been able to do that even goin to the internal bleed off valve. Theres a set screw with jam nut on side next to shifter lever. Adjust out to 3-3.25. see how that works after adjustment.

autoshop
05-01-2012, 12:21 PM
on the right side of the main case is a pressure tap for reverse, remove the plug and restrict the line back into the pan area this will bleed off the pressure to reverse just letting the clutchs bearly apply. we used a 1/4 brake line with a restictor in the line.

usafracer
05-01-2012, 06:35 PM
on the right side of the main case is a pressure tap for reverse, remove the plug and restrict the line back into the pan area this will bleed off the pressure to reverse just letting the clutchs bearly apply. we used a 1/4 brake line with a restictor in the line.

This is done internal on a bushshore. You need to back off the low band like stated before. Most of the time one turn is plenty.

SRXSRULE
05-01-2012, 07:26 PM
hmmmm, Ive been running Bushore glides for 6 years now. Didnt mater it it was the first night on it or the 100th it wont idle in gear while holding the brake. I check/adjust the low reverse band about every 10 nights. Always set it at 3.5 turns out. Eric

TeamTerminator
05-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Wonder if the torque converter has something to do with ur situation Eric? The rest of us are running the direct drive coupler. Like jeff said not all act exactly the same

smokey 4 president
05-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Talked to gentleman from bushore and he said same thing to try backing off on band adjutment 1 turn. Thanks for the help you guys are great

ToddSmith16
05-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Works like a champ! I had to back my Bushore out as it would die every time I put it in gear. Problem fixed as it will sit in gear without dying now!

SRXSRULE
05-03-2012, 08:38 PM
I would be carefull adjusting the low/reverse band out too far. Its going to cause more wear on the band and also make the reverse clutch slip as it trys to engage.

I guess I dont see the need for the car to be able to idle in gear. Throw it in low when your ready to move and bump it into neutral when coming to a stop. If you set the positive stops on the shifter its very easy to do.

Just my 2 cents on the subject. Eric