PDA

View Full Version : Mustang ride heights

faster12
04-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Im wondering where other people check there ride heights on a mustang chassis I've been checking mine from the center of the bolt that holds the lca front and rear. I'm just curious what everyone else is doing and how high most people set the frame.

car62
04-30-2012, 09:30 PM
not trying to sound rude,but since the bolt is a PIVOT for the control arm,how effective do you think your way really is?

faster12
05-01-2012, 12:10 AM
The front bolt the goes thru the frame. I would think it would only change with the ride heights. My car has the frame rails tied together and I can measure from the frame rails but I'm helping a man set up a car and his is still a uni-body car and I don't trust the floor board to be in the right location on a car that's took a couple licks. What do you use car62?

car62
05-01-2012, 12:48 AM
i go by what the shocks tell me using travel indicators,in our class were allowed a 4" ride height measured at LF without driver...lowest point of the car is the unibody "frame" rails under the front where it contours the firewall/floorpan

Dan32
05-01-2012, 07:17 AM
The front bolt the goes thru the frame. I would think it would only change with the ride heights. My car has the frame rails tied together and I can measure from the frame rails but I'm helping a man set up a car and his is still a uni-body car and I don't trust the floor board to be in the right location on a car that's took a couple licks. What do you use car62?

if the car has taken licks like that you might be wasting your time !! frame rails is where we set all of ours!!