PDA

View Full Version : n ga speedway cancelled?

ga racer
04-30-2012, 08:38 PM
have they cancelled the srrs race this weekend?

garacefan11
04-30-2012, 11:02 PM
not from what i can see.. they were giving out flyers last week advertising it

badacefaist19
05-01-2012, 12:08 AM
hope not, that would be a shame

car 13
05-01-2012, 09:00 AM
All the scheduled races for May have been removed from the tracks web site. A driver told me he received a text from one of the promoters stating this also. Hate to see this as it's hard for a track to recover from something like this because drivers and fans will get used to going elsewhere.

SLMdirtfan
05-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Website says next race is June 2nd. Hope that have a good reason. Went for my 1st time ever this year and the place was bad fast. Hope they can recover.

dee81fan
05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
What is the reason for the month long closing? If its to improve the track shouldn't the promoters be stating that and start building some form of anticipation for the next race? I don't understand the closing because there is no answer as to why the closing is happening. PR is critical to a successful track/business and unfortunately has been the downfall of the best racetrack in the great state of Georgia!

RacedudeGa
05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
dee81fan...you have to have a real PR person who is interested in helping the track and making it a exciting place to go race or watch a race instead of someone who is just interested in making themselves out to be something they arent.

B_K
05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
dee81fan...you have to have a real PR person who is interested in helping the track and making it a exciting place to go race or watch a race instead of someone who is just interested in making themselves out to be something they arent.

Guess a new prescription is needed huh?

dee81fan
05-01-2012, 07:21 PM

The racing has been lack luster(but wide open) this year but better than last year(slow and one groove). If fan turnout/money are the issue there probably should have been a little more attention to detail the first race of the year when us fans who enjoy watching all the racing didn't leave til way after 5 in the morning. Which scared a lot of fans away. As far as the PR person i dont know who it is or anything but there seems to be little concern of marketing and advertisement. To me personally i think running a track and racing at the same track should never happen(nothing personal). Its really hard to convince people/drivers that the track promoters car that races weekly doesnt get away with breaking rules or getting a few tenths on the clock. I think Ray Cook sets the best example for what should be done, i dont think Ray runs at tri-county and that works for him. I really hate the fact that the best race track in Georgia is shut down this month and i really hope its for the best and there are improvements made and more people/drivers start showing up.

SRRS_Girl
05-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Yes, the SRRS race for May 5th has been cancelled.

We will be at North Georgia on June 2nd.

Our race for May 4th at Boyd's is still a go.