PDA

View Full Version : nlms invades gis may 19th for 3k

latemodel28d
05-01-2012, 11:29 AM
golden isles speedway will host a nlms 3k 40 laps. should be a good race and a good field of cars 23 at the last race.

latemodel28d
05-14-2012, 10:49 AM
should be a good show, hoping for some nice weather and a good field of cars. becton holds a 5 point lead over a 3 way tie for 2nd which include brown jr, carter, fitzgerald. and white is only 20 points back from them. who is yalls pick up win number 3 of series. brown jr won 1st race and dewitt won the 2nd

ALASKA54
05-14-2012, 11:45 AM
No one else is running late models this weekend in the area, so it should be a really big shoe.

latemodel28d
05-14-2012, 01:13 PM
according to professors website he will be at gis.

i heard ivey,collins, and whitener wont be there. whitener running mods at brb

needmore opens back up this weekend so that may take a few lm away...

dirtfan2757
05-14-2012, 05:47 PM
No one else is running late models this weekend in the area, so it should be a really big shoe.

Screven's opener is this weekend.

ALASKA54
05-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Screven's opener is this weekend.

Sorry forgot about Screven, I was thinking more south of Brunswink and not north. You know much Screven and Needmore are paying, to win, for the late models?

mf0521
05-14-2012, 08:48 PM
according to professors website he will be at gis.

i heard ivey,collins, and whitener wont be there. whitener running mods at brb

needmore opens back up this weekend so that may take a few lm away...

Ivedent supposed to be there, Ivey has a wedding to go to, Ill find out tom about whitener and collins.
Johnny has been running waycross and gis primarily only when son isnt running his go cart.

drtrkr244
05-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Cameron has run very well this year.He's due to win a big race!

Besides, he'll be on his honeymoon.The check will be a good wedding gift for his new bride!

latemodel28d
05-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Ivedent supposed to be there, Ivey has a wedding to go to, Ill find out tom about whitener and collins.
Johnny has been running waycross and gis primarily only when son isnt running his go cart.

Heard is son is racing his kart this weekend, and whitener is racing a mod at brp.

Dewitt will be at gis according to fb.

Anybody know if fitzgerald got his new g-12 ready yet?

mf0521
05-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Looking forward to the show

mf0521
05-15-2012, 04:46 PM
I hope we can get alot of these drivers to head down to BRP for the doubleheader weekend, june 1 and 2,
5000 to win each night.

hoopty
05-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Fitzgerald is still putting the new car together, if everything goes as plan he should make it.

latemodel28d
05-17-2012, 12:05 PM
just checked dents website and now its listing that hes gonna be at brp for the mods :(

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Henry is hard to handle at GIS. I think he will win unless bad luck strikes.

latemodel28d
05-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Henry is hard to handle at GIS. I think he will win unless bad luck strikes.

he gonna be there?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-17-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm just speculating.

mf0521
05-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Thats disappointing, No 5,21,47 or 58 heading there.......................

latemodel28d
05-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Thats disappointing, No 5,21,47 or 58 heading there.......................

its anyones race now

mf0521
05-17-2012, 11:16 PM
I hope its a good show, and yes it is anyones game, but you want to see the best guys going at it.
I plan on being there, hit as many of the NLMS shows as possible.
I do wonder, if after that first race, those comments on facebook, rubbed some people wrong,
you know where they said they were disappointed more cars didnt show up and that drivers
would regret not going, when it was their own fault , based on the fact that they scheduled
it on top of another race that was already known for months. just wondering.............

latemodel28d
05-18-2012, 08:56 AM
i hope those comments didnt hurt them, wayx had 23 after douglas. like you said there was a udlms rcae that weekend and douglas is also know for lack of cars. ever since it was 1st open and patford ran it he chased everyone away the way it was ran(happen to all the tracks he ran) i really like rays series and i too hit up every event i can. as a spectator its easrly to point out changes and do things differently but as a bussiness man its not that simple. even tho i disagree with his series alot i back what he has done for the lms in the southeast(ga fl) area. hope his health gets better. as far as race tracks. every car count is down. hopefully that changes again our sport is starting to die....

its friday! almost race day! get them cars ready and good luck to all the drivers at gis and where ever they run. im gonna hit up gis for the nlms and weather permitting gonna spend the day at st simons and relax watching the cars on the track on the way back!

dent21
05-18-2012, 02:22 PM
talked with Ivadent today, said he is getting his new car finished for memorial weekend and needed to be working on it this weekend. he had planned on going but
t decided to stay home and work. will be running the 33 modified at ocala sat. night. He also told me that he would be running most of rays races because he felt ray has done alot
for racing in this area and time to let there disagreements go and just race. interesting conversation for sure as he said his oldest son would start racing this summer in one of his old cars
something else I found out is he builds his own suspension parts for his cars and for all the snow cars.

Mark

latemodel28d
05-18-2012, 03:48 PM
talked with Ivadent today, said he is getting his new car finished for memorial weekend and needed to be working on it this weekend. he had planned on going but
t decided to stay home and work. will be running the 33 modified at ocala sat. night. He also told me that he would be running most of rays races because he felt ray has done alot
for racing in this area and time to let there disagreements go and just race. interesting conversation for sure as he said his oldest son would start racing this summer in one of his old cars
something else I found out is he builds his own suspension parts for his cars and for all the snow cars.

Mark

didnt know he bult the suspension either from himself and snowbros cars, what kind of chassis is the new car another snowbros?

mf0521
05-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Wonder why we havent seen any NLMS dates for BRP or NFS ?

latemodel28d
05-19-2012, 07:56 AM
its raceday! should be good

ALASKA54
05-19-2012, 07:21 PM
A whole of grumbling in the stands, is there going to be any racing tonight?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-19-2012, 07:31 PM
A whole of grumbling in the stands, is there going to be any racing tonight?

What is going on?

latemodel28d
05-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Nlms on track hot laps now

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Wonder why we havent seen any NLMS dates for BRP or NFS ?

I would love to see them at NFS.

latemodel28d
05-20-2012, 12:18 AM
dewitt, vansickle, brown jr, becton, cameron top 5. dewitt was fast qualifer started 5th was fast all night, vansickle led for the 1st half of the race, lap traffic made for a interrested race. 40 laps caution free

liz g
05-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Mastersbilt. I made the call about putting on an all star race. This would be a UDLMS vs NLMS race. All drivers get paid, if 40 cars show they all go home with money. We will see what comes about. FYI. Just got done working in 100 loads of new clay. I want to thank all the people that worked their tails off to make it happen. Keep your fingers crossed on the all star race. We also put on a few more 3000. To win races.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Mastersbilt. I made the call about putting on an all star race. This would be a UDLMS vs NLMS race. All drivers get paid, if 40 cars show they all go home with money. We will see what comes about. FYI. Just got done working in 100 loads of new clay. I want to thank all the people that worked their tails off to make it happen. Keep your fingers crossed on the all star race. We also put on a few more 3000. To win races.

Good news! I heard about the clay. Didnt know it was fact.

mf0521
05-20-2012, 12:45 PM

That would be great.
Maybe the top ten or fifteen from each series go at it for money..................
There is definately some open weekends out there to maximize the car count or
a one off all star sunday race.............

mf0521
05-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Was alittle surprised with last nights event. beautiful night, I thought the track and facilty in great shape,
didnt get a big turnout really in the stands, and car count was only 16 cars in the feature, but they were 16 good cars.
They didnt have heat races, that was disappointing.
Feature was good, thought van sickle had them covered, but dewitt and brown came charging at the end.

latemodel28d
05-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Was alittle surprised with last nights event. beautiful night, I thought the track and facilty in great shape,
didnt get a big turnout really in the stands, and car count was only 16 cars in the feature, but they were 16 good cars.
They didnt have heat races, that was disappointing.
Feature was good, thought van sickle had them covered, but dewitt and brown came charging at the end.

16 cars, really dont need heat races, why take the chance and wreck a racecar or burn fuel and use up tires. glad they dont do heat races, then qual would be a waste of time... i myself sish they will do away with the redraw, the fast cars deserve to start up front, if you win the pole by god you should start from the pole

mf0521
05-20-2012, 02:43 PM
I understood why they didnt, thats just the greedy spectator wanting to see more late model racing !

latemodel28d
05-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Im totally with ya,more racing the better. Ready for the next race at Waycross on june 23rd, may try and hit up brp june 2nd for the 5k udlms

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I understood why they didnt, thats just the greedy spectator wanting to see more late model racing !

I am from the north. I don't think it is greedy. I think it should be the norm.

latemodel28d
05-21-2012, 09:31 AM
website is updated from gis race, lookin forward to the next race at waycross on the 23rd of june

drtrkr244
05-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I am from the north. I don't think it is greedy. I think it should be the norm.

AGREE!....But im from the south.

Real racers wanna race, not sit in the pits for several hours.You cant make an educated guess on feature adjustments, when our cars sit on jackstands .

The grumbling came from no cars on the track till 8:30. The officials said the water truck broke down and had to get another one.However, the lms were done by 11:00.

Im not a big fan of racing a feature on the tires you qualify on. The track changes too much. If thats the new rule, the NLMS should stick to it, so the teams know what tires they wiil need to have mounted,grooved, and siped.

The officials didnt tell us until drivers meeting.

F22 RAPTOR
05-21-2012, 12:24 PM

Greedy Spectator??? Excuse me, but spectators pay the purse that everyones races for and they deserve to see as much racing as possible. Draw, Heat and Race is the best show format in my view, qualifying is boring.