PDA

View Full Version : Tilley Named Southern All Stars Race Director

SASPR
05-01-2012, 01:31 PM
SOUTHERN ALL STAR DIRT RACING SERIES PR #15
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tilley named Southern All Stars Race Director

HUNTSVILLE, AL (April 30, 2012)--After serving as interim Race Director for the April 14 Smoky Mountain Speedway event, Southern All Stars Dirt Racing General Manager Lynn Acklin has named Chris Tilley the new Race Director for the remainder of the 2012 racing season.

Tilley will officially begin Race Director and Public Relations service duties with the series beginning this Saturday during the Southern All Stars Series visit to Talladega Short Track in Eastaboga, AL. The event this NASCAR weekend pays $3,500 to win for the 50 lap main event.

'I'm excited to be working with Lynn Acklin and SAS they have such a long history in the sport and we hope to bring back the legacy of what Mr. Parker had left many years ago,' stated Tilley.

Tilley's extensive background in Dirt Track racing dates back to Northern Allstars, the Lucas Oil Dirt Series and having his own STARS-sanctioned Volunteer and Bluegrass tours the last couple seasons. Tilley has also served as a consultant for various tracks and sanctioning bodies. He continues announcing duties for the Ray Cook promoted Schaeffer's Oil sponsored Southern Nationals Series each July.

Further information on the Southern All Stars Dirt Racing Series can be obtained by calling General Manager Lynn Acklin at (256) 509-6603or you can call Race/PR Director Chris Tilley at (606) 219-1723 or log on to www.southernallstarsracingseries.com .

dirt-warriors
05-02-2012, 06:17 AM
Kinda hate seeing this happen. Tilley is a nice guy and a good announcer, but his track record of keeping a series going after he heads them up has been fairly poor. Hope the best for SAS, which has been a solid series, but having Tilley at the helm may have been a doom sentence. Nothing personal, just my opinion as a fan of dirt racing, and want what's best for the sport.

ga racer
05-02-2012, 08:31 AM
so i hear you can finally run american racers?

SASPR
05-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Still Hoosier Only 1300, 1350, 1450, 1600, Crate 21-55, D 70 Right Rear Option

Ben Dover
05-04-2012, 03:43 AM
Hope Betty has her suitcase packed and Chris has the Ky.Lube hidden in his overnight bag..........