PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to put my suit back on- Have some questions.

fourgsixthree33a
05-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Hey all. It has been a few years since I have been in a race car. I am 21 and used to race IMCA Modifieds. I am eager to race again and if things pick up, that might be possible. I'd like to race street stocks depending on rules and what I have to work with.

I have an older IMCA Modified chassis with a 3 link rear. The tracks I want to race at, won't accept 3 link street stocks. Here is a link to the site rules. http://www.dunnhill2speedway.com/files/street_stock_rules_2011.html

My question is, how, and how difficult would it be to make this IMCA chassis legal for the street stock class?

Thanks in advance.

raceman17
05-02-2012, 06:28 AM
In one word HARD! You are going to have to clip the whole back end of the car and replace the rear frame section of the mod with your stock rear frame. Your entire interrior will need to be replaced. You will have to put stock floor pans/firewall back in the car and also move the motor back to close to stock location. Your entire roll cage is probabaly shifted way back and nothing is going to line up when you put it all back together. It will be a hack job to get it to work. Your best bet would be to sell the mod and buy a roller and go from there.

fourgsixthree33a
05-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks man. Kinda what I expected lol. I've never gone backwards before, this is why haha.