PDA

View Full Version : North Ga Speedway scheduling conflicts

North Georgia Speedway
05-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Due to scheduling conflicts NGS is postponing racing until the June 2nd race. please bear with us as we work to correct a few issues. More Details will be posted soon as they are available.

badacefaist19
05-01-2012, 08:35 PM
wow. what the heck

garacefan11
05-01-2012, 10:54 PM
i paid 125$ for that spot on the fence, it would be nice to get my moneys worth.

RacedudeGa
05-01-2012, 11:28 PM
What are the conflicts that didnt exist when the schedule was made out? Did other tracks schedule on top of the races N Ga already had scheduled? I'm sorry but it sounds to me like the promoter is just trying to blow smoke up everyone's a**es and doesnt want to admit he isnt in it for the long haul.

Didnt the same thing happen at the 1st of last season? Promoter ran a few races and decided that he wasnt making enough money so he jumped ship. Guess what, it takes money to make money and it doesnt happen overnite.

I feel for the drivers & fans who had committed to supporting the track this year. Hopefully it wont cost them too much to change their plans and start going to another track. I would be VERY pissed if i had paid for a parking spot and now dont get to use it. Will be interesting to see if any is refunded.

It's sad to see things like this happen because every time a dirt track shuts down that's one less place to go watch a race.

North Georgia Speedway
05-02-2012, 07:16 AM
The staff at North Georgia Speedway has been making phone calls to Fans with the options for there parking pads or fence parking. If you have not been contacted yet you can call the track and leave a message with the easiest way to contact you. All issues will be resolved while we reset our schedule for future races.

Thanks for your understanding.

Track Management

STRNGRTHANDIRT
05-02-2012, 08:00 AM
There seems to a consistent pattern here.

ga racer
05-02-2012, 08:27 AM
i would bet they are done for the year and with some of the stupid stuff they did this year its no wonder.

ngsdirt
05-06-2012, 08:49 AM
A little more information on the temporary track closure:

http://daltondailycitizen.com/sports/x157481954/North-Georgia-Speedway-will-break-for-a-month

Looks like the closure will allow them to make some much needed changes that will make racing better for both fans & teams.