PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Finally Shakes the Winless Streak

Links
05-02-2012, 03:26 PM
(5-2-12)

Friday night Rusty finally shook of the winless streak as he took the checkers at Attica Raceway Park in the American Late Model Series event. After struggling with an ill handling car a mid race red allowed the team to correct the problems.

“I set up way to tight for the track conditions and was a sitting duck. Could have possibly passed Jon back for the lead in the open but he maneuvered better in traffic. During the red they told us we could do anything but remove or change a tire. I knew exactly what the car needed after a few minutes of debriefing with the crew so we moved a bar and changed some tire pressures then I went to work. The car couldn't have been better the last few laps.”

This was a good thing for the morale of the team. Nobody goes racing to finish second.

Saturday night was a rain out for just about the entire area so the Lazer stayed parked in the shop for the rest of the weekend.

Friday night, May 5th will see Rusty return to the ALMS series at UNOH's Limaland Motorsports Park.
This place is a fan favorite for late model action as it's about the only quarter mile bullring in our area. For the last 4 years this race has been rained out so the team is hoping Mother Nature decides to be a race fan this weekend and let the jets run wild in the gymnasium.

Saturday will see the team return to it's home track, Oakshade Raceway, where Rusty has plans to defend his track championship.

“We plan on running the ALMS series when it doesn't conflict with Oakshade's schedule.”

Rusty and team would like to thank these fine sponsors for keeping him on track in 2012:
Bernheisel Race Components
Lazer Chassis
Kercher Race Engines
Zeller Automotive
Main And Company Precision Machined Components
Afco Shocks
Landrum Springs
Complete Truck Repair
Micro-Armor Lubricants
AHB Tooling
Jims Quality Lawncare
Mordue Moving
K-B Carbs
Wick Oil
VP fuels
Wiles Driveshafts
On Time Graphics
Veloctica-USA
Hoosier Tire
Accu-Force Shock Dyno
Dominator Race Products

Follow Rusty and get race day updates at: https://www.facebook.com/RustySchlenkRacing

Media Contact: linkszonepr@yahoo.com