PDA

View Full Version : hooiser D's

JustAddDirt
05-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Has anyone had the outer edge of tread on their d's start to tear off after 1 run.
I have had 3 tires do this on their first run. all on differnet corners of car.
The last one done it on the RR and it had 8 laps on it.
I do not sling, or slide the car, I like to drive the car pretty straight.
Just wandering if they (Hoosier) changed something?
It has done it on the LR outsdie tread, and the LF outside tread, it is not the body hitting them. The RR done it on the inside tread.
Do not have alot of stagger either.

tworrick
05-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Well I do believe it has come very important to run the tire as hoosier recomends.
they recomend the id number run to inside of track. I ran it that way did very well. Turned it around and peeled back just like you said.

JustAddDirt
05-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Well I do believe it has come very important to run the tire as hoosier recomends.
they recomend the id number run to inside of track. I ran it that way did very well. Turned it around and peeled back just like you said.

I do that. Serial always to inside.

Sparkmaker
05-12-2012, 11:05 AM
I can honestly say we never run a D on the RR anymore, even in qualifying, and our track is pretty tacky. D's just won't hold up when they get as hot as they do on the RR.

js11
05-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I've had them get a bit chewed up or feathered, but not completely torn off ... but then again, I rarely run a new D tire on the RR. I do run them on the remaining corners. For the RR, I usually break them in on the RF, and/or let them age in the sun for some time (weeks). This seems to be the case on the LR as well. Ultimately I try to stay away from the RR with a D.