PDA

View Full Version : Loose and Needing Fwd Bite

MidwestExpress
05-03-2012, 10:55 AM
The last couple weekends I've raced the car's been loose coming into the corners and has had very little forward drive coming off. The car also wants to skate up the track coming off of the corners. It rotates through the center of the corner alright but can't give it hardly any gas coming off. It is extemely bad when the track is dry.

Here is a little info on the car. Its an copy of a GRT Mod and were running a 374 USMTS Spec motor with about 600hp on American Racers tires.
(I'll check these %'s to make sure). Also I'm a pretty small driver only about 140lbs.
Rear %- is about 58%
Left %- is about 53%
Cross % is about 48%
The car has about 50lbs of bite.
I'm not 100% sure on the exact angles of the 4 bars:
LRU bar is in the 5th hole down from top of mount.
LRL bar is in the 3rd hole up from bottom of mount.
RRU bar is 6th hole down from top of mount
RRL bar is 2nd hole up from bottom of mount.
All the bars are mounted in the center holes of the cages (Wehrs cages) and are each about 4.5" from center of axle tube so 9" apart.
The car has about 1/4" of trail in it right now as well.

Springs:
LF: 550 RF: 600
LR: 225 RR:175 (Had a 200 but car was terrible)
I'm currently running a Allstar performance 3 stage pullbar with a 1450lb spring and yellow biskets in it. I had a 1200lb spring but the car seemed to like the 1450lb more. I'm not sure on the length or angle of the bar but its mounted at the bottom of the square tubing for the axle hoop and in the top front hole on the QC bracket. The rearend has about 7.5 degrees pinion angle.

I have about 6" of Jbar rake with the bar mounted at the center of the pinion on a quick change.

If you need any more information feel free to ask. Any help is greatly appreciated because I'm completely stumped. Thanks for the help!!!

Flyin Iowan
05-03-2012, 11:52 AM
First fix entry. If it was me i would flop the rear springs first. Also are those % with or without the driver? If its with out then take some left out of the car. And if your running the big spoiler i would take 1% out of rear. I would go there first but bottom right bar at 0deg would help

washeduptoo
05-03-2012, 04:03 PM
If its a chevelle clip, you might try swapping front springs to help with entry. Good luck.

Dirtrunner35
05-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Switch front springs also, what air pressure are you running? I was just at practice and the track was really slick. Drive like you're on asphalt and take out rear steer.

powerslide
05-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Are you running over people on entry? Or R u babying it into the corner?

MidwestExpress
05-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Those percentages are without the driver and powerslide yes I can run people over coming into the corners the car almost drives itself. I just have nothing coming through the corner and coming off. The car way too easy to drive into the corner.