PDA

View Full Version : Question bout J bar movement

bluemod
05-04-2012, 07:54 AM
What is the effect of moving the j bar up on the pinion plate instead of moving it on the chassis. And moving it up one hole on the plate what will this effect in on the car. thank in advance

johnny v
05-05-2012, 07:44 AM
generally, moving the j bar on the pinion bracket up loosens the car.... entry and middle...

normal 4 bar settings and all that....I must assume....

Seaman66
05-05-2012, 08:42 AM
i'm kinda wondering the same thing......my cars is 3 link rear with small metric front. I was told to mount j-bar in hole level with pinion center. If i move that either way what does it do? You mentioned it would loosen the car......which way would do that cause i have tried a lot but i am still tight on entry and middle ironicly

pacman497
05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
what does moving the j bar up or down on chassis do?

johnny v
05-05-2012, 12:46 PM
raises and lowers the Roll center of the car...... in relation to the C G of the car..... lowering it on the pinion lowers RC....( if you have the correct Rake in the J bar).. tightening the car..

raising does opposite......
( frame mount on LR to right side of pinion with jbar type cars only..... and if you have correct rake in jbar, pinion about 3 inches lower than the frame mount)

type in Panhard bar on google and read the article from afco on what they do..... it is basic racing 101 required reading type material.... a little dated but basic info....on Panhard bar, j bars..... same thing......

bluemod
05-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Everyone has there own thoughts here so moving the jbar up and down on frame will tightin and loosen the car but changes the roll centers. How do u know if you need more role in the car?
Im tight getting in. This is a 4/4 bar lr behind. The car does not really hike up at all.