PDA

View Full Version : LR spring on dummy or live shock behind

racer21
05-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Hey guys i was wondering if the left rear spring would be better on a dummy with shock in front or should it be on live shock with a sshock in front as well,
can someone explain the difference and suggestion for the spring and shock,thanks the track is a small 1/4 moisture early the slick by feature,

racer21
05-07-2012, 12:49 PM
anyone please??

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-07-2012, 01:03 PM
You can have one live shock in the front or the back or two live shocks. The shocks just need to be valved appropriately for the setup you use.

With twin tube shocks, a front shock will provide some resistance to hike from seal drag even if it is a zero shock. This can be overcome with rod pressure in a monotube shock to the point where it aides hike up.

The shaft speed of the rear shock is slower than the front shock for the same wheel movement. Therefore the rear shock has to be stiffer to accomplish the same thing as the front shock.

racer21
05-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Can anyone out there tell me a ballpark shock to run on the lr behind,grt site says for tacky 6-2 gas or 9-3 std and for slick track 8-2 what im wondering is would the
8-2 need to be gas or not all the other shocks on car are for slick,and would i need to run a shock in front?what would that need to be? im needing to get
something ordered,the rest of the shocks are the blue afco im wanting to get the car close before i start looking at more intense shocks,thanks for all the input guys

GRTLRBITE
05-07-2012, 05:35 PM
a gas 8-2 will help car stay up better then a 8-2 non gas shock
and will add drive too

racer21
05-07-2012, 06:58 PM
thanks grtlrbite now should i put the 8/2 behind and what would be good in front if anything,thanks again

jason29a
05-09-2012, 11:23 PM
nothing in front..... Be careful and measure your drop and make sure your not topping out your shock. GRT says 17 3/4 from bottom of frame rail to the top of the rear axle. But if your shock at full extenion is less than 24" thats gonna be to much. You may want to add an extention. Just depends on what brand shock your running.

ENVY Suspension
05-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Appears to me that the whole GRT bunch is just a lil behind yet on this whole shock thing. We just did some for Skip Arp and didnt follow the typical GRT way and hes pretty happy I believe. We did our normal stuff and so, so good...

sj valley dave
05-12-2012, 10:01 PM
That's interesting...I've spoken with Skip about a front "traction shock" deal and he (a year or two ago) said he didn't like and just ran "the hook", by itself...Might have to discuss this with you Envy...like everyone else, always looking for more forward drive on dry slick deals...

MOD434
05-13-2012, 11:25 AM
If you want some crazy drive , clamp the (gas) 4-0 shock to the tube on the front side .......guaranteed drive out the @ss . Up to you to control the car afterwards though . HaHa