PDA

View Full Version : Metric brakes help

bubba69x
05-06-2012, 07:53 PM
I am running a metric street stock and am looking for a way to make the brake pedal a lot firmer with not so much travel. It has 4 wheel discs. I have spacers in all the calipers. I just put a new booster and master cylinder on it the master is off of a Camero with 4 wheel discs. When you push the pedal it sounds like a whooshing sound and there's bubbles is the rear resivoir. I'm looking for input on what I can do to help. There's no proportioning valve and there's no leaked that I can see I'm mainly just looking to get rid of the pedal travel. Thanks josh

DaveBauerSS6
05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
You got air in the system. Air will trap in the MC. Get any mechanic to help you bleed it.
The sound is normal, air moves on the non assisted side, interesting you can hear it with a race motor.
Side note, whats the reason why you want to run a booster??

bubba69x
05-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks I'll try to re bleed the mastercylinder. The sound I am hearing with the engine not running. The reason for the booster is my other car has one on it and the brakes are Rock hard. This one had just a mc on it and has too much pedal travel I don't have the booster hooked up. Thanks josh