PDA

View Full Version : Indexing upper bar on RR

tbaileyjr
05-07-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm curious to find out what positive effect would someone expect from lowering the right upper bar on the bird cage and what part of the corner would it affect? thanks.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-07-2012, 01:33 PM
It increases drive angle of rr bar and increases indexing of spring during chassis roll. Essentially, looser on exit and tighter on entry off gas.

tbaileyjr
05-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Ok so it's perfectly normal for the car to do just the opposite when raising on the right side chassis bars as in the higher I go up the more free the entry is ??

drtrkr244
05-07-2012, 08:46 PM
It depends on your track/driving style.If you are off/on the gas it will affect entry very little.

If you roll off the gas, due to the indexing of the spring(increased bar angle=more indexing), you will be tighter like MB stated.

EAMShater
05-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't really like it. It makes the car want to drive itself down the track towards the infield when on the gas and no matter how much I counter steer it keeps going it seems. I feel like I have no control. I run mine half indexed very seldom because some tracks it's just faster although it makes me slightly uncomfortable where as although I feel as though I have more control of the car without it it's just not as fast. I just fight it more to stay on the cushion.