PDA

View Full Version : Justin Zeitner wins at in return of the Super Late Models

kearney
05-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Justin Zeitner wins at I-80 in return of the Super Late Models

The return of the Super Late Models to I-80 Speedway on a weekly basis turned into the Justin Zeitner show. Zeitner from LaVista started fourth got the lead early, relinquished it to Travis (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)es for a couple of laps and then grabbed it back and was never headed as he took the 25 lap season opener on May 4.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)es started sixth and used the low side to grab the lead for a couple of laps but Zeitner was lightning fast on the high side and drove back around (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)es as the two pulled away from the field. The other driver who turned in a stellar performance was Kyle Berck. Berck started 12th went to the pits after three laps, returned to the race and charged through the field to finish third. Chris Spieker passed Jason O’Brien coming off turn fourth on the final lap to finish fourth with O’Brien rounding out the top five.

Dylan Smith of Osceola started on the outside front row and led the A Mod feature wire to wire with Matt Bonine charging from his eighth starting position to finish second. Jesse Dennis was third, Jimmy Cole fourth and Clint Homan fifth. The American Ethanol running on E-85 Pro Am feature turned into a four car battle with Brad Deery, Rick Negrete and Tim Podraza running side by side at the white flag. Deery of New Market, Iowa came home the winner with Chad Sanders stealing second on the last lap with Negrete third, Podraza fourth and Jeff Atkins fifth.

In the Ty’s Outdoor Power & Service B Mods feature Glenwood, Iowa’s Jesse Sobbing was still the man to beat as he started 10th and took the lead midway through the feature to post another win at I-80. Bill Flegg, Dennis Cook, Jim Blazina and Jim Henricks, Jr. rounded out the top five. The LaVista Keno Grand National feature was all Todd Hipnar of Blair as he cruised to the win with Jacob Brown, Micah Brown, Dave Cook and Kyle Dumpert rounding out the top five.

The NASCAR Whelen All American Series continues at I-80 on Friday, May 11 with Super Late Models, A Mods, Ty’s Outdoor Power & Service B Mods, American Ethanol running on E-85 Pro Ams and American Ethanol Green Hornets. The Kid’s Club will be making a planter to give to mom for Mother’s Day. Moms sign up at the Souvenir Booth & join us in a treasury hunt. One lucky mom will find a Sapphire & Diamond necklace hidden on the grounds.

Grandstands open at 5:30 pm with racing at 7:15. Grandstand Admission is $10 for Adults, $5 for Juniors (6-12) with 5 and under free. For more information, visit www.i-80speedway.com or call (402)-342-3453.