PDA

View Full Version : ULTIMATE Super Late Models to Make Series Debut at Toccoa Speedway

FASTRAKPR
05-08-2012, 10:59 PM
ULTIMATE Super Late Models to Make Series Debut at Toccoa Speedway

Toccoa, Georgia – The sophomore season of the fledgling ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series continues playing to new venues when for the first time in it’s short history the series visits the historic Toccoa Speedway in Toccoa, Georgia. The series has already made its first appearance at North Georgia Speedway in Chatsworth, Georgia and the series was also set to debut at Boyd’s Speedway in Ringgold, Georgia but rain forced rescheduling. “We have worked hard to build the ULTIMATE brand and move into new markets. We have already been to some awesome facilities and we have plenty more great venues yet to go this season. Toccoa is one of the neatest racetracks in the country. Its lightning fast and I have seen some wild racing action there. They have a great fan base too and I am proud to be a part of bringing Super Late Models back to the area.” said ULTIMATE Series Director Kelley Carlton.

Toccoa Speedway, which is billed as Georgia’s “oldest and fastest 5/16ths dirt track”, has undergone quite a metamorphosis under new promoter Andy Hyde’s tenure. Hyde spent the entire winter and early spring renovating the facility, which was first operated in 1949. Hyde erected a new scoring tower as well as replaced fencing, guard railing and resurfaced the tracks famously high banks. “We spent a lot of time and money to try to make Toccoa the track to be at on Saturday nights. And we are really just getting started we have plans to do much more. We also wanted to bring back the Super Late Models to the Toccoa area. It has been a couple of years since Toccoa has had a Super show so we are really excited about this coming event. We are expecting a great show and we will have the racetrack surface ready to go.” Hyde said.

All of the top ULTIMATE Super Late championship contenders are expected to be on hand vying for the $4000 winner’s check, including Toccoa’s favorite son Casey Roberts. The 4-time Southern All Stars East champion, who calls Toccoa home, narrowly missed the inaugural ULTIMATE Series title in 2011. In 2012 Roberts is out to regain his position at the top of the heap. “It will be nice to be back close to home racing. We like being able to race in front of our hometown fans and family. We have been running pretty well this year and maybe we can go over there and get us a win.” Roberts said. Roberts has also made the move this season to the relatively new Capital Race Cars Chassis built by former Dirt Track World Champion Marshall Green. “I really like the new cars. They just seem to fit me and my driving style. I have been very comfortable in them and we have been fast with the Capital Car almost everywhere we have been. It’s a solid piece.” Roberts added.

Other ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series drivers including Casey Barrow, Dnaiel Baggerly and Zack Mitchell are expected to be in action along with 2011 ULTIMATE Series Champion and Toccoa Speedway track record holder Chris Ferguson and former Southern All Stars Champion Shane Tankersley. Drivers from both Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia have expressed interest in this event as well. In addition the headlining ULTIMATE Super Late Models, Toccoa’s card will include racing in FASTRAK Weekly Series Pro Late Models, Modified Streets, Stock 4s, Rookie 4s and Hobbies. Toccoa Speedway is located at 3553 GA Highway 17 in Toccoa. For track info call Brad York at (706) 491-4493. For ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series information visit the website at www.ultimatesupers.com or call Series Director Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442.

The ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series appreciates the support of great partners in Hoosier Race Tires, American Race Tires, VP Race Fuels, City Chevrolet, FK Rod Ends, Vicci Apparel, RockAuto.com, Arizona Sport Shirts, Big A’s Custom Graphics, Thomas Clarke Web Designs, Sisco Fire and Safety, Hooker Harness, R2C Filters, Tiger Rear Ends, Cool Shirt, Five Stars Bodies, Kooks Custom Headers and Beyea Headers.